1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN MOUNTING TECHNIQUE

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SMOKEIT, Dec 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

Just watched some Olympic Trapshooting Videos. I put them in stop motion and watched their mounting technique in detail. They do NOT bring the gun to their head. They mount with the bead high-move head up and out then crawl thee stock and put cheek hard on stock. Also their nose almost touches their thumb.Then they bend their back to bring the gun to their hold point. This may not be 100 % true but I bet 90% of these shooter mount the gun this way. What do you think about this technique?....SMOKIT

2. nomoloscofoso

nomoloscofoso Member

Hard to question!

3. butcher

butcher Member

Sounds like Kaye Oyhe

4. Twinbirds

Twinbirds TS Member

What works for you? The main need is gun fit and then consistency of your mount,like all other things practice until it is done by habit.

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

You'd be better served to emulate Harlan Campbell, Phil Kiner, Jerry Demulling. Trap is not the hard swing motion that Olympic shooting is. Get a Harlan Campbell tape and watch his work.

6. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Sounds like the way if you're not shooting American Trap.

7. SMOKEIT

SMOKEIT Well-Known Member

If you are a two eye shooter holding a level gun,I agree, there is not a lot of swinging required. If you are a one eye shooter holding on the house there is a lot more swinging involved..SMOKIT

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.