1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun markets of Pakistan

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by g7777777, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/asiapcf/01/26/vbs.gun.markets.pakistan/index.html?hpt=C1

very very intersting on many subjects

2. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

That was interesting. Thanks for sharing.

3. capvan

capvan Active Member

This was a good thing to watch. Showed a part of the world that we are well insulated from. Just wish it was longer with a little more detail. Especially the reloading. Don't need no stinking Dillon, just a bunch of kids...

4. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Get rid of the Russian and China guns and problem solved. I thought these countries were our allies?Cut money to these countries for selling weapons.

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

How do you get parts for these home made things? I guess you have to bring it back to the guy who made it, LOL.

I saw this on TV, I forget where.

HM

6. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At about 3/5 of the way through he handles an "American" gun. It's a Kuhner!

Neil

7. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was wondering what those lugers hanging up on the wall would sell for and trying to figure out a way to get them here- lol

PS- anyone else wonder what the guy did to have his tongue cut off?

8. LDAdd

LDAdd TS Member

I think I would be a little careful of the metallurgy that goes into those things. They're probably made from just about any kind of steel they can get and I doubt if they know much about hardening where required and their proofing probably consists of sending one of the kids out back to fire it a few times...voila,,,it passed.

Larry

9. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

the guy said none of them had tounges..??

10. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Ah, the old Muzzlelite design. Been wondering where to go on vacation next summer. Will need to tan up a bit.

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

You just have to wonder what the death rate from accidental shootings is in a place like that. Not real big on gun safety are they.

12. Shell Shucker

Shell Shucker TS Member

Hey GN7777777;

Cool video! Reminds me of watching 60 Minutes back in the 80's when they did
    a bit on the Afghan freedom fighters against the Russians. Now, as then, the
    media presenter is a total boob when talking about firearms and even calls
    them evil. Friggin' Liberals look good in a scope don't they?

If you want accurate, action packed reporting on weopons and conflicts send In
    Robert K Brown and crew. Team SOF gets it done right.

Happy Blastin'

JJC

13. yobyllib

yobyllib TS Member

They make no guns.Cobble together and cannibalize parts,yes,"gunsmithing"? yes.
    Notice any heavy machinery? machinists? stamping dies? dont count the guys on the buffing wheels,it takes alot more than an old drill press running on camel piss to make a working multi shot firearm from barstock.

14. blkcloud

blkcloud Active Member

I watched a show similar to this years ago, it had to be the same place.. what stood out in my head the most was a kid running a old bridgeport type mill that was on the sidewalk, not even in a building, he was milling pistol blanks..chips flying everywhere and of course.. no shoes and no safety glasses.. they followed the blank from the mill to a guy who heat treated it in a forge back to the mill and then to another rat hole shop where it was finished..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.