1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Lubricant in this Month's Trap and Field...

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PumpkinPieLover, May 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PumpkinPieLover

PumpkinPieLover TS Member

Gun Lubricant in this Month

Has anyone else had any success with this product? I called them up after seeing the advertisement because it's a nice change of pace marketing wise and the stuff is amazing.

When you use it the first time, (Barrel and Action Treatment) and heat up your gun's break open action and barrel with a simple blow dryer/heat gun past 120 degrees and coat it, it actually creates an artificial lubricated barrier to protect the metal. It's quite unique. When it dries, you can't tell there's a microscopic coating on it.

The guy I talked to, said they do a lot of work in the CNC/Machining industry with this process and cutting tools because it has the capacity to quadruple cutting tool life?

I gave the Barrel and Action Treatment and Gun Grease a try and I'm sold. This is by far the best product I've ever used. It'll literally protect your metal from small scratches.

2. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I've used both the gun grease and the barrel treatement. I feel the gun grease is the best out there, a little goes a long way and lasts. It's not cheap but neither are my guns so I don't mind spending a little more keep the hinge points wear free. Never tried heating up the metal first? Will give it a try

3. spicyfish

spicyfish TS Member

I can't read the add. What is the name of the product?

Thanks.

Lou

4. Hank55

Hank55 Member

Spicyfish, it's called Fastex. I first used their product (Surface Modifier) in an older tractor because I saw it advertised in a farm magazine. It worked wonders on an older engine. I saw their gun products advertised later on and tried them, they seem like a real good product.

5. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

This has nothing to do with the product. However, I just had to chime in on the shipping & handling charges. This past week alone, I got clear to the end of an order & cancelled the order,because of the excessive handling charges. Many places are advertising free shipping, BUT the handling charges are outrageous.
    Just one man's opinion.

Too many suppliers are putting it to us with very high handling charges.
    Joe Jordan

6. PumpkinPieLover

It comes out of Canada that's why the shipping is so high... They sell it at Indiana Gun Club and I called Matt at matt@bomarpneumatics.com, if you go that way it comes out of Indianapolis and you don't have to pay the shipping charges...

The number is 812-361-4633 if you want to talk to the rep I did. I guess they're going to do demonstrations at some local Trap Shoots coming up heating up peoples guns and bonding the product to them if they want?

7. PumpkinPieLover

I met up with them first because their company did some work with their surface modifier in our gear boxes. They said it's some kind of modified paraffin with modified hydrocarbons and esthers that drive it. The company was BoMar Pneumatics in Indianapolis. www.bomarpneumatics.com I guess they are big trap shooters and with the Industrial Grade Lubricant line of greases and oil additives they had a gun product line as well. And I guess it's the top NATO lubricant. They don't have Mil-Specs yet.

8. Harv Shell

Harv Shell TS Supporters TS Supporters

Pielover, you have 6 posts total on this forum. 5 of them are promoting this lube. Where do you work, are you affiliated with this company? Full disclosure, there are a lot of new shooters on here that might not know a $2 tub of red grease will lube their gun for a lifetime. Harv

9. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sounds like a similar idea to Militec oil

10. sliverbulletexpress

sliverbulletexpress TS Member

Hair dryers must be pretty dangerous if you can heat an action to above 120F with one. Other than that it seems like the same old snake oil bs to me but all the new posters seem to like it.

11. djldb6

djldb6 Member

If 5/6 posts are about this lube then I'm with Shotshell. Looks like a product placement to me.

12. PumpkinPieLover

No I'm not affiliated. I actually work for an engineering consulting firm that I'd rather keep unmentioned in the public forum. But yes, I do know the people trying to launch the product. And no, there's no benefit to me.

I've been dealing with boundary lubrication issues for 20 years now and I've heard all of the sales pitches and everything else from the Moly products, the PTFE products and the like and I can tell you that this one is unique.

The people distributing and launching the product here in the Midwest have put up a great deal of their own income (out of their own pocket) and time into marketing, advertising, etc and I want to see them be successful. Just as everyone pushing their own clubs shoots on here want them to be successful.

The bottom line. This is a GREAT product, being sold by avid sport shooters who contribute to their clubs with their time and donations and I like to support people like that in all walks of life. That's my reason for pushing this product (outside of the fact that it is truly the most unique I've found). And it's not just an ordinary EP (red/lithium) grease. The difference is in the surface modifying technology and it's covalent bonding abilities.

I just saying that if you're willing to spend the kind of money us Trap shooters are on our guns, etc. Why not use the best technology out their that you can to protect their metal? Just give the products a look, call and talk to them. It'll be worth your time.

13. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

I think I'll stick with Vasoline. Walgreens $2.99

14. pdq

pdq Member

Pumkin Pie Lover:

you say that we should we should spend as much money taking care of our guns as we do spending money to buy them.

Haven't you heard the Post Office is going bankrupt?

The price if lead is going weird?

The price of gas is going weird?

The price of "you name it" is going weird?

Me???? I clean and lube my guns after every time I shoot them. I buy multiples of big tubs of Crisco when they are on sale.

Good stuff that Crisco.

The only problem is that when my barrel gets hot, I smell and sense this overwhelming urge to have some pancakes.

pdq

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.