1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Lub- New application method

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by phirel, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phirel

phirel TS Member

At a shoot in NC I learned of a simple and tidy way to apply gun lubricants. It is a small plastic stick with a small sponge on the tip. They are called make up applicators and most wives have a supply. I did buy my own. Twenty of them cost me $1.35. They will apply just the right amount of lube to just the right place. One of these should last around 20 lube jobs. They work much better than anything else I have tried. Ask a lady in your home to see hers.

Pat Ireland

2. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

Pat, if I ask the lady in my home to "see hers", she is going to get the wrong idea for sure. Then she might ask to see mine and then I won't be able to get out and go trap shooting.

Jeff

3. balance365

balance365 TS Member

Seems high end to me, I just grab a couple of Qtips and off I go.

4. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I asked a lady in our home to see hers and she got mad and left. Guess we won't invited over to the neighbor's for a while.

5. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Pat, the lady of my house uses a bit of Princess Purina Nose Black and maybe a little mousse for those hard to manage collar-wear areas, but otherwise she eschews makeup applicators. Can you suggest something else?

Neil

6. phirel

phirel TS Member

Q-Tip applicators put both lube and strands of cotton on my gun.

I have had as much frustration using the syringe applicators as I have had with ketchup bottles. My poetry ability can best sum up my experience with both.

Shake and shake the ketchup bottle
    Out comes none, and then a lottle

Again, I recommend you take a quick look at make up applicators.

Pat Ireland

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

If Q-tips leave lint on your gun,stop buying cheapie Q-tips!

Q-tips I can use twice...use once, cut off the sloppy part and use again.

What do you do with a sloppy make-up applicator until it's been used 20 times?

Morgan

8. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

I use a toothpick. No fuzz no fuss. For bigger dabs of lube I just use my finger. Both are cheaper than womens aplicators.

9. phirel

phirel TS Member

The used make up applicators can easily be stored wrapped in a small piece of paper. The best quality Q-Tips do leave cotton strands around sharp edges and projections.

hoggy- My fingers always seem to get dirty around a gun club. At least with a make up applicator, I do not start the day by sticking my fingers in grease.

Pat Ireland

10. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Good idea Pat. I'll have to give it a try.

Here's one for you. Try FlaLagarto's "Alligator Tears" hinge lube if you get a chance. He gave me a sample and I like it. Better than the grease I had been using.

11. royboy

royboy Member

I agree with timb99, Jerry's lube is excellent and a little tab will do you.
    He now has some distributors across the country. cw

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.