1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Knowledge ???????

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Mar 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I was given a 12 ga. SxS to try out as I have been looking for a reasonably priced one just pretty much just to own. It is a Sinsonwerk-Suhl. Suhl I am told was a city in old East Germany where Merkels were/are made . Both barrells are marked ENKOPING along woth FLUSS-STAHL KRUPP-ESSFN-=. The -= look more like backward arrows. The right barrell also reads what appeas to be EN KOPINGS JINRNHAN DEL. It has a flat rib and a raised cheek piece, double triggers and auto safety and kick like krazy. There is surface wood breakeaway where the stock meets the receiver on both sided. I was told it doesn't have a stock bolt. It's a neet old gun except for the wood and the price is right. Bothe barrells appear using a dime(?) but I can't figure out where the riht ballell is shooting. I had no trouble with the left.

Anyone know anything about this gun. Buying it is not a question but values would be helpful. Thanks

2. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Pic's would be very helpful to help you.

3. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

Well, of course Fluss stahl is "fluid (soft or mild) steel." And Krupp (in Essen) produced the steel for the barrels.

But what's puzzling, Enkoping is a municipality in Sweden. Maybe it was produced for export there??? Dunno...Just a guess.

Sorry, can't help much. "JINRNHAN DEL" is gibberish to me. Are you sure that's the correct letters?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.