1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Inventory Software

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by BrowningGal, Feb 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningGal

BrowningGal TS Member

Anybody using a software program to detail your gun collection? What are you using? Does it support photos, comments, acquisition/deacquisition details, market value, etc? Are you happy with it?

I'm using an Excel spreadsheet right now, but thought about designing and writing a program myself. No point in doing so, though, if there are already good products on the market.

2. bocephus

bocephus Member

My son wrote a program for that purpose with all the features you listed.

3. obfd13

obfd13 Member

You can take your excel data and put it into Access, then design your own input forms and reports.

4. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't it be easier for Bocephus to just "rip a copy of the program" to a CD, and send it to us????(hehehe)

Doug

5. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

For about $11.00 I use this Lee Shooter Program Disk it contains Reloading manuels, cost calculators etc etc etc.
    <a href="http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n37/drhuner/?action=view&current=LeeShooter.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Hi Browning Girl,

I would like one also to do my inventory at the store. I haven't looked real hard but will watch for one and let you know if I do find one. The one I did find was $800.00 and I decided I could write a lot for that amount. Jackie B.

7. setter

setter Member

I went to Google & did a search on "firearms inventory software" and found several free or modestly priced packages. One of which is above. Did not conduct an exhaustive review but they have the capability for detailed description, pictures, etc.

I edited this post & changed the link as link didn't work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.