1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN INSURANCE

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tallengnr, Jan 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tallengnr

tallengnr TS Member

I use Ace Insurance Services (website above).

2. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Look at just getting a rider on your homeowners policy.

3. finger

finger TS Member

I have used Hollis Boss at SIAI insurance for years. Just renewed my policy yesterday for another year. Call him on Toll Free: 800-925-7767. bob finger

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

For what it's worth, based on my investigation with my carrier (Farmer's) the cost of adding it your homeowners is much more expensive than getting a separate policy via one of the firearm insurance companies listed above. Additionally, the homeowners lacks some of the coverage that you get via the speciality insurance.

Scott

5. omahasportingsupply

omahasportingsupply TS Member

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Most firearm insurance carries a premium of 1.25% of the value. This is a significant amount, but better than losing a good gun.

Some homeowner policies are better than others. One company will barely cover a field 1100, others have higher total coverages.

American Family covers 5 thousand dollars in the basic homeowners, and it does not have to be listed. For a small amount another 5 thousand can be added.

If their policy suits you it's pretty good. But they have gotten, like many companies, more expensive and don't treat the customer as good as they used to.

I'm told they had a lot of Katrina losses and have to make it up. Judge for yourself.

HM

7. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Why don't you do a "gun insurance" search on this site and you can get all the free advice in one spot. This is a monthly topic.

Don

8. I WON

I WON TS Member

National Rifle Association.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.