1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Insurance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by BrokeTrapDad, Aug 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrokeTrapDad

BrokeTrapDad Member

What reccomedations do you guys have on gun insurnace? What do most of you do?

2. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

The ATA has a company that they are affiliated that offers it.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

See link above.

4. Sprinklerman

Sprinklerman Member

sportsmans insurance co.

5. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Diana Crawford heads up Ace Insurance. She is one of us, and good folk. She had the best price on my Instructor Insurance.

Sportsman's Ins is a good one, too.

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Check with your the company that does your home insurance. Make sure your covered when traveling with the firearm.

7. Redbone311

Redbone311 TS Member

I would suggest buying a good safe instead. Insurance companies want to charge you around 10 percent of the value of the gun. After 10 years you could have bought another gun. Buy a safe put everything in it, including your other valuables as well and you will be ahead of the game.

8. jrdlanes

jrdlanes Member

Check your current Homeowners policy. Most of the time this will be the most competitive (fwiw - I have $18K+ on my HO policy for $250). Also as stated above make sure it is covered AWAY from your home address. Could be public or private property and in or out of state. Also inquire if it would be covered if you were using it for tournament competition. EVERY carrier's conditions of coverage are NOT the same. Don't wait til you need it to ask the questions. If your HO policy is not competitive or does not cover the above situations then shop your policy (s) for one that does or use above mentioned or price NRA policy. JMO John in Iowa

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.