1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Insurance

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Buckshot95, May 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buckshot95

Buckshot95 TS Member

I'm Looking for feedback on the best insurance company that will insure firearms
    at a reasonable price and a high quality of service.
    Thanks for any feedback! Fang

2. larrystrollo

larrystrollo Member

I added a "personal items policy" to my homeowners insurance. Very reasonable, and is for replacement value (new item, not price of a used item). It did require an appraisal for the higher end (above $5k) equipment. My annual premium computes out to be about 1.1% of the value of my equipment.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Sportsman's Insurance.

4. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

NRA is better & cheaper than all of the others hands down. Shopped them all, went with NRA.

5. deercreek

deercreek Well-Known Member

As of yesterday the NRA insurance is 1.70 per 100.00. Sportsmans is 1.25 per 100.00. About 12 years ago I attempted to make a claim with NRA for a stolen handgun, they told me they would not help me because it was a secondary policy and my homeowners was responsible...the gun did not meet the deductible and the NRA insurance told me to stick it in not so many words---a nice thank you to two life members in the household.

6. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

I went with my homeowners ins (farmers) and I think I increased my coverage to 10K for ~$75 a year. Anyway, I took pictures and listed the guns and custom work and had them put it in file with my other stuff at the insurance office. I'm comfortable when traveling with my guns or when away and their at home. Since the airlines provide some coverage with lost bags (southwest for eg $3400 per bag) I had a discussion on how I would be covered by farmers as well. Good luck and hope non of us ever need it. Joe

7. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Core-Vens Insurance in Clinton, Iowa is the best I have found. Ask for Tim Hartsock.

"Core-Vens:
    Where day or night,
    Service is right;
    Smiles are bright;
    Prices are right;
    We're out of sight!
    What's not to like?"

www.corevensguninsurance.com

1-800-796-9907

8. high 2

high 2 Member

I can't speak for any of the companies mentioned above except SIAI
    I know of three instances where guns that were covered by them were stolen. No hassles or price difference. Usually pay off in a couple of weeks. Larry

9. skeet100

skeet100 Member

SIAI.....

10. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

has anyone used Cor-Vens? Another shooter who has a couple of Krieghoffs and Perazzis had recommended them to me but I wanted to ask around some more about these folks.

11. 12ShotTwo

12ShotTwo Member

So let me set the record straight, I just got back from a visit to my local farmers agent to verify what I had said earlier in the thread. I increasecd my coverage for guns by $7500 for $75 per year. This gave a total of $10,500 because the basic coverage was $3000. The policy has a $1000 deductable. In reviewing my contract wording I have FULL WORLDWIDE coverage(not just 200 feet). Not only that but it includes gun accessories, ammo and reloading supplies. Since I have full discriptions and pictures on file I was assured that I would get full payment based the information on file. You do have to check your policy details as has been said by others on this thread. Joe

12. pdq

pdq Member

SIAI. Half the price of coverage from my homeowners insurance at $1.25/hundred, with much broader replacement cost coverage. Like someone mentioned above, when there were claims, every story I've heard said it was handled in short order, no delays or hassles.

There is a restriction, i.e. you have to be a member of a gun organization such as ATA.

Good company.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

reviews on core-vens gun insurance