1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Holds - PAT, Superstar and Winchester traps

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Play Dead, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Play Dead

Play Dead Member

In my area, there are many gun clubs. Most are using Automatic GMV Superstar or Winchester hand set traps. There are two using PAT traps. I am finding that I need to move my gun holds on posts one and five closer to the center of the trap when shooting the PAT traps, as the target presentation seems wider and I have difficulty seeing the straight aways from these posts. This is of course only relative to the holds that I am using on GMV Superstar and Winchester traps.

Is anyone else adjusting gun holds for target presentation based upon the trap manufacturer? Perhaps the clubs I am shooting at simply have their targets set too wide. Just curious what other shooters are doing and if they are adjusting anything based upon target presentation due to the type of trap where they are shooting? I also believe that the height of the targets across the field seem to vary more at the PAT trap clubs (Lefts vs. Rights). Maybe I am just thinking way too much about this sport!

Play Dead

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Probably the difference you are seeing is not due to the type of machine but due to the way the machines are adjusted. Also, the size of the trap house and where the machines are placed in the house can make a difference on where the bird clears the roof line of the house.

Pat Ireland

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Pat is correct. It is simply in the adjustment of the trap.

4. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

If YOU "think" they are different, they ARE different. And you are right, you are overthinking the game.

Rick in Mt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.