1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Holds & Jordan Wall Chart

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by dmarbell, Mar 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I received my 10 foot wall chart from Terry Jordan. A great tool, if I can get the thing up somewhere.

I have a question on gun holds. Terry shows pictures of his holds. On post 1 the hold is inside (right of) the line of flight of the hard left bird. On post 5 the hold is outside (right of) the line of flight of the hard right bird.

Terry, if you're listening, I'd like to hear from you, too.

Is this a universally preferred hold pattern? Is it easier for most right-handed shooters to swing one way versus the other? I suppose it might be an easier swing to the left, as you are swinging the gun towards your head instead of away, and if so, you might need more head start on the right hand birds.

Danny

P.S. - I put in my snap cap for the first time, aimed down my hall, made a smooth mount and swung to the imaginary bird, pulled the trigger and flinched about four inches worth! Yikes.

2. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Danny, A few years ago I got my chart and like you, the first thing I did when I released the trigger was pull my left hand down so hard I almost fell over. This went on for almost 50 reps before I smoothed out. My wife was laughing at me until she tried it and did the same thing. I immediatly wrote to Terry and asked if others found themselves doing the same thing and sure enough, he said people find out a lot of little quirks they had when first using the chart. Let me tell you this product has smoothed us both out and improved our scores beyond anything we could have imagined. We still use this a lot and find it keeps us in that smooth rhythm.

Dave in NY

3. snowbird

snowbird TS Member

I am on a Library computer in Florida so this will be very short. I use both methods but I think I prefer being closer to the centre of the trap on post 4 and 5. At 27 yards I often hold in coser to the straight away target. Terry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.