1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun grabbers gone wild

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by furface, Nov 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. furface

furface Member

It willl interesting to see how this alll works out 20 years from now . I wonder if those that want all the social programs will be as enthusiastic about paying for them for othres as they are today ?

2. midalake

midalake Well-Known Member

Rest easy no one is coming for your guns. You heard it here first!!

GS

3. midalake

No I am not.

For the record I am completely against making pot legal. FOR ANY REASON!!

GS

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Why? Are you on LSD?

5. SeldomShoots

SeldomShoots Active Member

mid, for the sake of argument, what is wrong with legalizing pot?

Farmers could be given a base or certain poundage that they could grow just like tobacco.

Give the jobs to Americans processing it, packaging and distributing it, rather than foreigners.

Tax it, just like cigarettes and alcohol.

Or is it just too much of a "gateway" drug? Lots of people in this country resist the temptation to smoke cigarettes. Do you think they cannot resist pot?

6. midalake

8 Hours Between Bottle and Throttle
    From the start we have been told that, when it comes to drink adult beverages, it is “8 hours from bottle to throttle.” As it turns out, this rule isn’t good enough.

Why?
    Because in real life people, including some pilots, consume an excessive amount of alcohol and 8 hours is not enough time to eliminate the alcohol from their bloodstream. When you consider that the average, healthy person eliminates pure alcohol at the fairly constant rate of between 1/3 and 1/2 ounces per hour, and recognize that 4 ounces of table wine, 12 ounces of light beer, 1 ounce of vodka and 1 1/4 ounces of whiskey typically contain approximately 1/2 ounces of pure alcohol.

So with a mid altering drug...pot.....where will work place safety start and end? Driving a car? Eating chips [ment to be funny]

Right now it is easy no dope...dope

Talk about a can of worms?

But it would keep our legal system busy for years.

The reason I am not for it is just what I feel in my gut.

GS

7. SeldomShoots

mid,

Government and FDA has been known to conduct studies. Why not conduct some studies to get the range. Shouldn't be too hard if the quality and content of active ingredients were the same, (regulated product as opposed to unregulated or home grown) just like beer, whiskey and wine.

I presume pot could affect everyone differently, but so can alcohol.

If the ranges from studies were there, are there any other reasons?

8. pretzel

pretzel TS Member

Hunker down keep 'em loaded!

9. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Midalake

Be careful, you are sounding like an outdated Republican.

10. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Midalake, It's a miracle, I finally have something I can totally agree with you on. As the saying goes, No dope, dope. Jackie B.

11. Shooting Sailor

Shooting Sailor Well-Known Member

How could anyone tell how long it has been since a person ingested marijuana? It stays in your system for as long as 14 days, and there is no way to tell how long before the test it was ingested. If you test positive, use the Rebigliati defense. Remember the gold medal snowboarder from the Olympics years ago? He tested positive, and said it was secondhand smoke from a going away party prior to the Olympics, so they let him keep his medal.

12. SeldomShoots

mid,

How about if we just made the pot smokers ride bicycles and mopeds? Then could we legalize it? I have never seen a driver or family come out on the short end of the stick if a bicyle or moped hits their car. But a dude high on pot running his moped into the side of car or van and flipping over it should make America's Funiest Home Videos.

Change your mind any?

13. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Notice how Muddlelake frames his response from the position of prior-restraint. He believes someone may, in the future, commit an unlawful act, therefore the item being abused must be banned.

This is exactly the mentality that the anti-gun liberals and RINOs have. Prior-restraint on guns.

I'm no champion of the dope heads, but I am also quite fed up with the failed war on drugs that gets innocent citizens killed and wastes vast sums of taxpayer dollars.

14. SeldomShoots

Agree with Brian on the failure on the war on drugs.

BTW, mid, isn't the legal system already busy for years with illegal drugs?

Would there really be much of a difference?

15. darr

darr Well-Known Member

If drugs,or at least pot was legalized we could solve many problems at once and just maybe change the mindset of this country a bit.

Nobody that abstains from drugs now is going to start tomorrow if it were legal.I truly believe in personal responsibilty.I believe that a vast majority of adults can handle deciding for themselves to use drugs or not.They can also handle the education of their children on the matter.Those that can't handle the reponsibility can't handle it now.I bet I could find any kind of dope I wanted in an hour.How long do you think it woukld take a junkie?This war is a joke.

The immoral war on drugs that is killing innocent people daily could end with one stroke of the pen.I am sure there would be many leos that would be against legalization because they might be out of work.But,the cartels would be out of work as well.

I don't know how much money this country has spent on this silly war but it has to be 200 billion.If 1% of this money was spent on education and rehabilitation it would be better spent and money saved.

Common sense is a powerful problem solving tool.

Darr

16. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Obama wants more tax money to waste, he can get pot legalized and tax the heck out of it...Bill

17. Rick Barker

Rick Barker Well-Known Member

Legalized pot would take about half the drug market away from the cartels, leaving them herion and cocaine

18. quartering

quartering Active Member

a good fifth of bourbon costs 40 bucks. about 1/4 of what it would cost if alcohol was illegal. i figure a solid 1/4 ounce of americas finest homegrown should run about 40 bucks after it's legalized. now that's a deal. btw, whatever happened to the segway? i thought it was gonna be the next moped

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.