1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun for all venues

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by esoxhunter, Sep 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

I need your valuable input. In the coming year I would like to purchase, (preferably used), a gun that will allow me to shoot sporting clays and trap. I am considering a Perazzi MX2000s Sporter, a Perazzi MX12 Prosporter, a Kolar Max S/C and/or a Krieghoff K80 Prosporter. Any advice would be appreciated. (Naturally I would need an adjustable comb). Thanks a lot . Ed

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Well, apparently not in your league, but I'm using 1187s for trap, sporting clays, upland, turkey, small game, varmints, coyotes and deer. It's a true universal shotgun.

3. rdf59

rdf59 Member

One designed specifically for multiple clays disciplines is the Ceasar Guerini Impact Challenger. The people that I know that have them and bought them for the double duty use absolutely love them.

4. dudleyone

dudleyone TS Member

The Kreighoff ACS combo is also designed for all the discpines. It is basically a Pro Sporter with in unsingle barrel in a mid rib configuration. I absolutely love mine.

5. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

Ed, I would also consider the Guerini Impact line of guns. I have the base Summit Impact and love it. Has become my regular trap gun, they are offered in higher grades also. Guerini has demo centers around the country, might be one close to you.

It is rapidly adjustable for all the clay sports and the adjustments are secure and repeatable. The pull trigger is very good. Available with either a target fore end or schnabel style. Various barrel lengths and configurations.

John

[​IMG]

6. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

Many brands will fit your needs depending on funds available for purchase. Without knowing anything about your physical structure, years of shooting and other criteria necessary for evaluation, I would look at Citori, Beretta, used Perazzi or a Kgun. All hold resale value well should it not work out for you. It would be in trap mode design however with adjustable stock and tubed. Reason being is its easier in my way of thinking to learn a trap gun for sporting than a sporter for trap and be truly effective at both.

7. doc boc

doc boc Member

Mx14 combo, I use my 32o/u for sporting, skeet, 5 stand and my 34 unsingle for trap. doc

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.