1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun fitting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jbmOU, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I recently purchased a new trap gun and would like to eventually look into having the gun professionally fitted to me. However, I'm not quite sure how the process is done. How long does it take and does it usually involve sending the gun somewhere? Thanks in advance!

2. Buddy O

Buddy O TS Member

If you are in Oregon, visit Moe Bragg with your gun-Shooter's Emporium, 606 SE 162nd Ave, Portland, OR 97233. Phones: 1-503-257-0524 and 1-800-323-7940; Fax: 1-503-922-1556.

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Finding a reputable gun fitter is the dilemma. Ask around at your club or, of course, on Trapshooters.com but, to focus on nearby, you'll have to reveal where you are.....breakemall....Bob Dodd

4. jbmOU

jbmOU Member

I am located in western PA

5. flamborn

flamborn TS Member

I'm not sure if it will work out geographically, but Joe Goldberg (gunfitter here on TS) does a fantanstic job. He spent about 1.5 hrs adjusting my stock at the pattern board, another 30-45 mins discussing trapshooting basics, then he watched me shoot 3 or 4 rounds observing how I shoot and offering suggestions on what I need to do to improve. His email is XXGunfit@aol.comXX (remove the XX's). If you can't work things out with him due to travel distance he may know someone that can help you.

Goodluck - Fred

6. flamborn

flamborn TS Member

I'm not sure if it will work out geographically, but Joe Goldberg (gunfitter here on TS) does a fantanstic job. He spent about 1.5 hrs adjusting my stock at the pattern board, another 30-45 mins discussing trapshooting basics, then he watched me shoot 3 or 4 rounds observing how I shoot and offering suggestions on what I need to do to improve. His email is XXGunfit@aol.comXX (remove the XX's). If you can't work things out with him due to travel distance he may know someone that can help you.

Goodluck - Fred

7. DocJim

DocJim Member

8. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

jbmOU,

Most likely Dennis DeVault, in Canton, OH, is closer than Joe. At the link above, click on "Custom Stocks" and you'll find a brief description of Dennis' process. Dennis will take 8 or more hours to get your fitting correct. He'll need to keep your gun for about 5 to 6 weeks to complete the stock and checkering.

This recent thread covers the subject also.

enjoy

9. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

JbmOU

I would go to Dennis Devault if you can get to him: he may be closer.

The farthest west i go is probably around harrisburg.

If I can help E-mail me.

Joe Goldberg

10. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Stock fitting by a professional stock fitter requires working with him for various periods of time - depending how thorough he is and the number of stock dimensions that need to be changed.

You might ask other shooters at the club(s) where you shoot. Most clubs have at least one shooter who has had his gun fitted to him.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
bass pro shotgun fitting
fitting a gin for trap shooting
shotgun fitters portland oregon
shotgun fitting oregon
shotgun stock fitters western pa
trap gun fit pa
trap gun fitters in pa

trap gun fitting pa