1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun fitting

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by tsosin, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

After some good advise on the site, I decided to see where my Citori will take me over the next 6 months. I thought that the stock forced my head a little high and left, so I spoke with a highly recommended fitter at the Indiana state shoot. He's adding a 4 way adjustable comb and an adjustable butt plate. What surprised me was instruction concerning my set up, eyes, head and shoulders.

What I was told makes perfect sense, but I had this feeling that it was golf all over again. I have a skeet background from 35 years back, and after 6 weeks of 150 birds a week I'm shooting between 21 and 24 birds a round from 16. At 64 years of age I still think that I should break every bird, which is why I tried the fitting. Good idea or not?

2. revsublime

revsublime TS Member

a well-fit shotgun is a must for the clay shooting sports.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tsosin,

A properly fitted gun will recoil less and you'll be able to shoulder it more consistantly. this inturn will increase your scores and tire you much less. It is the best money that a person can spend on a gun.

By the way, Who's the fitter?

ec90t

4. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

The fitter is the country gentleman. I'm getting the gun tomorrow along with a final fitting and a trip to the practice range. I'll let you know how it goes.

5. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Tsosin,

You wont be sorry!Country Gentleman is a very good fitter and wont let you leave until you're happy.

ec90t

6. tsosin

tsosin TS Member

ec,

You were right about the country gentleman. The new hardware was only incidental to the work of showing me a good setup, explaining the benefits of that set up and then setting up the shotgun to favor that position. I shot all day yesterday without fatigue, with less recoil and better results. It's really a different feeling to have a gun that really fits, which is a pretty silly remark coming from someone who has shot as long as I have. As the add goes; 400.00 dollars for the Hardware, fitting and instruction, priceless.

7. hoghunter

hoghunter Member

I MET THE COUNTRY GENTLEMAN AT THE VA. STATE SHOOT HE WORKED WITH ME & MY GUN FOR 2 HOURS. I DID NOT KNOW HOW FAR OUT OF POSITION I WAS! I LEFT HIS TRAILER & WENT TO PRACTICE RANGE , FIRST 25 I PICKED UP 3 BIRDS MORE, STILL PRACTICING WHAT HE TAUGHT ME. I HIGHLY RECOMEND AARON
    THANKS
    JR

8. phirel

phirel TS Member

The two different people operating under the name Country Gentleman are both fine gun fitters. One is the son of the original Country Gentleman and the other is a brother (I think)). Many fine families have been raised in Alabama and this is one of them.

Pat Ireland

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.