1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun fitting Nashville area

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Colonel Reb, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I am getting ready to move to middle TN next month. As I recall, someone used to advertise gun fitting services in Trap and Field that was in Nashville. Anyone have the website? I've been using off-the-shelf Remingtons and have been in D class going on 3 years. I'm just not going to ever get better until I get these guns shooting where I look.

2. Tatanka Donk

Tatanka Donk Active Member

Keith Heeg stockworks was from Nashville.. I'm not sure he still is. As Double Action said, the Country Gentleman is good.. He has done some for myself and my wife..Nothing but praise for either. I plan to relocate to middle Tennessee also next month for the summer. Maybe we are close enough to shoot some together. Don

3. jevoliva

jevoliva Member

Ditto on the Country Gentleman -- it will be WELL worth your drive...

I thought Keith moved back to Indiana or Michigan? SIC has him listed in Indiana...

4. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Keith Heeg has left the Nashville Gun Club.

Matt

5. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

I guess I could just mail the stocks to someone like Rod's that advertises on this site and have adjustable combs and stocks put on them.

6. Colonel Reb

Colonel Reb TS Member

Yes, I actually need to go to Adamsville to pick up a trailer and noticed that Country Gentleman is only an hour away. I have been to Shiloh and have eaten at the catfish hotel. It was decent catfish, and I liked the do-it-yourself cole slaw.

7. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

Should you be shooting an 1187 seems as though they all shoot very low. Several members of our gun club here has had trouble with em all. My dads shot 9 freaking inches low at 90 feet. Another member bought a 1187 sporting clays and he ended up sending it to Stan Baker. I've seen countless guys shooting 25's regular shoot 19's and 20's with em. Pattern gun to determine POI. An adjustable comb will help but from what I've seen it won't solve problem. There's a place in Oak Ridge,Tn (Oak Ridge Sportsmans Association)that shoots skeet and trap, Alot more reasonably priced per round of skeet than Nashville Gun Club. Should you be in Kingsport,Johnson City, or Bristol Tn. give me a call at 423/863-2543. Skeet & Trap is 2.50, 3.00 & 4.00 around depending which club you go to. I live in Fall Branch, Tn. Practice days are Thurs., Sat.,& Sun. Leagues in this area are on Monday and Tues. nites. WELCOME 2 10 O C
    Keith

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun fitters in tn