1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun fitting at the grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Schoolcop, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

I saw a vendor at the Mo state shoot that would fit a gun for you. Does anyone know about what they charge for this. I will be at the grand and would like to get my gun properly fitted. Thanks, Randy

2. 3357

3357 Member

For the cost of an adjustable comb instalation, and an adjustable butt plate and pad instalation I recieved a rather comprehensive fitting from Tod Nelson, aka "The Country Gentleman" at the Grand in 2009.

I dont know what he charges now but he was very fair with me and did a very good job with me and the gun.

3. talbers

talbers Member

Aaron of Country Gentleman did both me and my daughter at the Missouri State shoot. I don't exactly remember the pricing but this is close, adjustable buttpad $210 (the adjustable length model is more), adjustable comb was $250 and a fitting session was like $180 but kids are half price.

4. 7mag

7mag Well-Known Member

Call wenig gunstocks to get you a appointment. They will quote you a price also. Really good people to work with. If you'd like to go the custom stock route.

5. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Ive got a fully adjustable stock, I was just trying to find out what it would cost to have it fitted to me.

6. dentguy

dentguy Member

Keith Heeg does fitting lessons. very helpful

7. Jeff.Buchheit

Jeff.Buchheit TS Member

Aaron from Country gentelmen charged my son $80 and I'm pretty sure he said that was half 1of an adult, so $160. Excellent guy to go to. It had been a while since I seen my son walk off the trap field smiling. And this was just after an hour of fitting the gun and a round of trap and giving him mounting tips.

8. Shoot n Holler

Shoot n Holler Active Member

second for Keith Heeg

9. Schoolcop

Schoolcop Active Member

Thanks for the info.

10. JT 27

JT 27 Member

Keith has a sign in his trailer, stock fitting starting at $25. Wenig will fit and build a temporary stock adding $360. to the price of a finished stock. The temp has bondo and you can experiment with it.

Search tags for this page

buchheitts

gun fitting aaron nelson