1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun fitter Joe Goldberg

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 2@8lo, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

I just wanted to drop a quick note about Joe Goldberg better known on here as Gunfitter. I had Joe make a forend for my 14 yr old sons K-80 out of a blank that my son bought from Wenig while he was shopping at the Grand in Sparta. Joe was great to work with, a pleasure to talk with and most importantly was when we recieved the completed forend back it was quite simply put, beautiful. The quality of Joe's work was exquisit and you can tell by talking with him that he truely enjoys and loves his work. My son is quite proud of this chunk of wood in that he found it and got a great deal on it all on his own and he wanted it to turn out perfect,we were lucky to have found Joe on here because thats exactly how it turned out. I would not hesitate to recommend Joe for any of your gun wood projects.
    Just thought someone out there might like to know where to have quality work done.

2. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

How about a photo

3. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

I will try to get some photos this weekend

4. esetter

esetter Active Member

That's great to hear, Joe is doing a stock for a little straight grip Parker VH 20 gauge for me. I'll post pictures when he finishes.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. gun fitter

gun fitter TS Member

Jim here are the pics I took of your sons forend.

Joe
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Nice work Joe. You are truly an artisan. You got a "release" on that checkering tool? :)

8. 2@8lo

2@8lo TS Member

Joe Thanks for adding the pics. I haven't had a chance to take others and get them posted. I can say though that while those pics you added look nice,they don't come close to showing how fantastic the forend really turned out when you are looking at it up close and personal.
    I also thought I'd let you know that we just started our winter league and till now not many people had seen the forend, he gets compliment after compliment at the clubs now on what a nice piece of wood is on his gun. I've been telling people who to go to when they need any work done.
    Thanks again Joe
    Jim Johnson
    &
    Aaron Johnson

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.