1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Fit

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tomc66, Nov 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomc66

tomc66 Member

I recently purchased a Beretta 687 top barrel trap gun. When I shoot the gun the recoil pad is partially above my shoulder in order to get a good sight plane. This is not very comfortable. Do I need an adjustable butt plate to lower the recoil pad on my shoulder or do I need an adjustable comb to lower the recoil pad and raise the comb??

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

At least an adjustable butt plate. Perhaps an adjustable comb, but I don't understand your term "a good sight plane". Your sight plane is the line between your eye and the target. The end of the barrel should touch this line. How the front sight and middle sight configure when you look down the rib has nothing to do with a sight plane. The relationship between the mid bead and the front sight can tell you if the gun is mounted consistently, but after that, this relationship should be ignored.

Pat Ireland

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

A Jones stock adjuster which fits between your existing butt pad and stock should solve your problem. It is thin and fully adjustable for height and cant. HMB

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.