1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN FIT

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rico46, Apr 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Over the last couple of months I have lost 30 lbs with a target of 50lbs. Last Sunday while shooting the Club Singles Championship, I noticed my gun was kicking unusually hard. I couldn't get the gun consistently shouldered correctly and it was beating me up. Any suggestions from shooters that have lost or gained weight on things to be aware of or possibly change?

Thanks

Rick

2. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rick......I can relate. I lost 68lbs and had the same problem. I have an adjustable comb and adjustable pad on my DB-81 and I was constantly adjusting it to find the "sweet spot" when it came to gun fit as I lost the weight. If you don't have an adjustable comb and adjustable pad, I would highly suggest you invest in them as you will need them on your road to losing the 50lbs....PS: congratulations on the weight loss!! It's a lot more fun to shoot not carrying around 2 bags of shot in each pocket, isn't it?....Dan Thome (Trap2)

3. turp

turp TS Member

I assume you have an adjustable comb so you can move the comb side to side as you loose wieght (to keep the rear sight(your eye)down the center of the rib). This being said I had to add 1/4 inch of reverse pitch to keep my cheek from getting bumped after I lost 35 pounds. Good luck on the 50#!

4. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Yes, I have an adjustable comb and pad. I will check to see if my right eye is down the center of the rib and make any necessary adjustments. Thanks

Rick

5. tapreston

tapreston TS Member

I lost 20# and my cheek got black & blue and sore. I had a soft pad put on my adjustable comd and all is fine.
    Tom

6. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Dan,

Two bags of shot in each pocket would 100 pounds unless you are envisioning the "all new" 12.5-pound bags that keep the cost per bag more reasonable.

Rollin

7. BP348

BP348 Active Member

What did you guys do to loose the weight? I could stand to loose 30# myself.

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rollin.......Good catch. I meant to say a bag in each front pocket...Dan

9. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

Rico-12.... I lost mine on the Atkins diet. It worked really well for me. I have been following it for 3 years now and have been able to control my weight easily. I just had a complete physical and the doctor gave me a clean bill of health. Cholestrol good (well under 200), BP good, etc. I feel better at 62 years old than I did at 52. I go off the Atkins now and then when the urge really gets the better of me but when I put 5-6lbs back on, I go right back to the Atkins induction diet and get rid of it... Just works for me..Dan Thome (Trap2)

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Broccoli and cauliflower, cauliflower and broccoli...

11. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Check your pitch. If you lost upper chest weight, your required pitch has probably changed.

If you try the Atkins, drink plenty of water, I didn't and got a bladder infection problems.
    See your Doc. first.

12. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Rico 12#, I have lost 32lbs to date and still losing weight! I am a 50 year old male. I simply started working out ( combination of weights & aerobics). In the beginning twice a week and then worked up to four to five days a week. I have a busy work schedule and spend a fair amount of time on the road as a salesman but you simply have to spend 35 to 60 minutes to excerise.

Do you like to eat? If you do then you need to "eat more", not less! The number one mistake people make dieting is they starve themselves! I eat 4 to 5 times a day ( good food ) and rarely eat after 8PM. Planning and executing five meals a day is harder than you think but if you like to eat...work out and you can eat a lot more! Nothing better than feeling my clothes get baggy, seeing my jawbones I haven't seen in years and the ladies giving me a second look. It's all been good!

Rick Brohmer

13. lumper

lumper TS Member

Just wait till they begin to give you 3rd and 4th looks and then the 5th look of them wanting you ... wanting you to get away from them and leave them alone!

14. Rico46

Rico46 TS Member

Lol..lumper never had that happen even when I was heavy! I've always had a the chemistry with the ladies no matter what I looked liked. I think they call it charisma or is it simply being able to talk the bullsh*t to them?

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.