1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun fit ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If I wanted to increase my down pitch by 11/2 degrees what would be the thickness of a washer I would need to install on the top of my pad? Also if I wanted to decrease my toe out from 9/16 to 3/8 would an adj pad accomplish this?

Lou

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

Probably one thin washer, and you can change the toe out with a pad that rotates left and right in addition to up and down. HMB

3. phirel

phirel TS Member

Lou- To calculate the size of washer you would need, I would need to know the distance from the extended line of your rib to where you intend to place the washer. Pitch is typically measured in inches, but measuring it in degrees is more accurate. However, actually measuring the degrees of pitch is much more difficult than measuring inches.

When I change the pitch on my gun, I add "some" more and see how I like it. I don't actually measure the pitch. Adding or removing a little at a time is close enough for me.

You also asked about rotating your pad in 3/16 of an inch. This is such a small change and I would think any adjustable pad could do that. I am not sure I could tell a difference in 3/16 of an inch. I am not sure I can mount my gun within 3/16 of an inch of the same place 100 times.

Pat Ireland

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

I'm getting a slight bite on my cheek when I use 11/8 loads @ 1145, get no bite with 1 oz loads---the stock has 7 degrees negative pitch, another gun I have has 8 1/2 negative pitch & has absolutely no bite. Thanks

Lou

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.