1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

GUN FIT FOR NO NECK/FAT FACE?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by MX/MT, Sep 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MX/MT

MX/MT TS Member

Sounds to me like you need more cast-off. With a large chest, you may need some toe-out to keep from canting the gun.

Depending on how much of either you need, an adjustable pad may do the trick.

If you have the money and/or the inclination, a custom stock can't be beat.

2. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

It sounds like you have a real future in this sport, if you can get your weight past 350 lbs. AJ

3. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

Todd Nelson and company, the Country Gentleman - www.gunfitter.com - would be able to help if your stock can be changed to provide the needed cast. My guess is that it might not be able to be changed enough. It's just a guess though, without watching what happens and how your eye aligns with the rib when you mount your gun.

If your stock can't be altered enough, You will need either a custom stock or accept leaning your head toward the stock to align your eye with the rib.

As an aside, a stock that is offset such as Wenig's New American might be a better option than simple cast, since a half-inch is a LOT of straight-line cast on a stock. The Nelsons would be able to provide that information.

Rollin

4. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

GET OVER BARREL HINGE GUN LIKE 682 BERRETTA Not under barrel

5. Texshooter

Texshooter Member

Clarification: No neck and large chest, all you need is to add some weight and you will be well on your way to the State team. At 250 pounds I feel tiny around some of these guys and the lack of a neck seems to be a real advantage. Look at the cover of almost any Trap and Field. AJ

6. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

No neck and one eyebrow! you are All American material.

7. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

st8shuter, Off hand I would say No, Maybe the All Canadian team. Alas though, I am a newer shooter and am not sure about this ruling. I also lost my ATA rule book so I can't look it up. Is anyone out there that can help us on this ruleing.Inquireing minds need to know. Thanks Break-em all. Jeff

8. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

A Canadian can be on the All American team ... Paul Shaw has been for many years. Bill Malcolm

9. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I have similar features and found that it was too expensive to work with custom stockmakers when I really haden't found a stock to fit me. I got a PFS stock and added his "ultimate comb". this allowed me to tweak the cast as much as I needed and really did the trick. I ended up with more cast than you can get from the typical "adjustable comb", but thats what i needed. I'm very happy with the PFS stock and was able to change it myself until I got what I felt was the correct stock size for me. Now I'm ready to sit down with a cusom stockmaker and show him what works for me. Although, I can't think of a good reason to give up the PFS since it does it all. Good luck, you are asking the right questions,
    Tom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

fat face shooting trap