1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Doctor... TMX question... MIA

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by GunDr, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Keep them clean, lubed, and tight. If you should drop one, don't assume, that no damage occurred. Damaged tubes are probably the biggest cause of tubes blowing out the end of the bbl.

Doug

2. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

My TMX has under barrel proof mark "AI" indicating that it was proofed in 1982. I bought it used 20 years ago and have never had a problem with choke tubes coming loose. I had an Invector choke Citori where the tubes got loose but I cured that problem with a little piece of teflon plumber's tape wrapped on the threads.

3. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Invectors tend to be a little more sloppy than Perazzi tubes. You may not get a Peraazi tube in with tape around it.

If you can, it would be nice to know.

Doug

4. MDJ67

MDJ67 Active Member

Jack,

Where did you find the TMX. It looks like a nice piece.

5. Ken X

Ken X TS Member

I've had a TMX for years, and they are NOT a heavy gun compared to others. Maybe somehow weight was added to that one maybe. It feels much lighter than something like a Ljutic, Kolar or Mach One for sure. I could never shoot those other guns since I am so used to that light and easily swinging action of the TMX. Like a Ferrari compared to a dump truck compared to some guns.

6. OldPshtr

OldPshtr Member

Bought a racing strip CompIV new in 1978. Was told by some aftermarket
    tube makers that the chokes were bad and to have recut. Didn't. Still
    shooting it. Keep the tubes clean - don't drop them and watch for dings
    on the receiver end. I have a long taper mandrel made that can run in
    tubes from receiver end to make sure no dings. If U are in doubt about your
    TMX, let me know and will take off your hands.
    Doyal

7. slickhead

slickhead Active Member

MIA If the tubes are of the early version with the threads toward the mussel just make real sure they stay tight. Just a little more attention then regular tubes. If they are the later version with the threads toward the breach they need to be tight but you don,t have to be as concerned. No problem at all with that version.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.