1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun demo day Struasstown PA Good Friday

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by krieghoffkrusher, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krieghoffkrusher

krieghoffkrusher TS Member

Gun demo day Strausstown PA Good Friday

If your in the area on Good Friday stop by Strausstown Gun Club. Both Beretta and Browning will be there with demo guns to shoot. I know the Beretta rep will have the new UGB 25 there for people to try.

2. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

You forgot to mention that awesome ham shoot taking place there also!!

3. oleolliedawg

Wonderful, well attended shoot today with over 100 squads. High, gusty winds prevailed throughout the day and targets could be testy. The 'dawg delivered, broke 50 straight and won a very large ham. Some fine ATA shooters in attendance included Tom Burkey(ATA treasurer), Kay Lynn Hamilton Bornman, Neil Mertz, Steve Huber and John Allem.

Action continues tomorrow with a 50 target money shoot starting at 10 AM!!

4. Mac V

Mac V Guest

Drove an hour and a half with a squad to do this shoot. Nice facility but it's just another place that helps shooters tank up on booze and then go out and play with loaded guns. Just what the sport needs, more brain dead organizers. Some clubs need to lose their insurance and close down to get the others to pull their heads out of their butts. They won't miss our business.

Mac

5. oleolliedawg

Mac V, they won't miss your business at all. Although I don't condone drinking and shooting, I'm quite sure more people slipped in their bathtub that night than were injured while shooting!!

6. chessney

chessney TS Member

This just sounds like Mac missed a ton of birds and must have lost some money also....Ziggy

7. Mac V

Mac V Guest

You guys are in fantasy land if you think that the antis don't already know what goes on at these wonderful gun clubs. Did you really think you could keep it a secret? Hell, even the kids who check out at the local supermarkets know that Saturday at the gun club means drink, shoot, drink some more in that order.

They're not going to waste their money trying to shut you down. They'll wait until the club needs something from local government or the community and then they'll raise the topic of what goes on there and let YOU spend club money hand over fist trying to defend your stupidity.

"I don't condone drinking and shooting but". But what? But I'll keep my head up my butt and not say anything until somebody hurts themselves or somebody else and then I'll act surprised like I didn't know, like I thought they had better control over the situation? Pretending its not your problem won't make it go away.

And no Mac didn't shoot. When the fat beer soaked bald guy who called himself George lost his balance going to the line and sat down in the side door of the van, I changed my mind.

Mac

8. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

Mac, I wasn't there so I will not comment about what went on but I will say it's hard to find a shoot where there is no booze at all.
    Very few places left that do not have refreshments and those that do not offer....guys bring their own and sample it in the parking lot.

With that said if there was a stumbling drunk trying to walk up and shoot on my squad I think I would have walked away,perhaps even said something to management, but I would not post it on the web. Just my opinion.
    Its still a free country and you can do as you wish,but if you were so upset you should have talked to management about it. Again just my .02 cents.

9. oleolliedawg

Mac V will only patronize a club where no alcohol is ever present-good luck! While he's at it maybe he shouldn't attend any shoot where the participants are taking prescription drugs-like anti-depressants. Some of those are noted for contributing to erratic behavior also.

Maybe Mac V would suggest all shooters must submit to blood tests and breathalizers prior to entering competetion.

Maybe Mac V should just stay home!!

10. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Mac V, I have never been to this club and have no intrest in it, BUT if you have the balls to talk about them like you did you should have the balls to use your own name and not hide behind some cute little name.

Ron Burdick

11. Mac V

Mac V Guest

You're right Burdick, it is none of your business. But since you have voted yourself den mother and think I'm cute, that IS my real name; Maccus Votelli from Voorhees, NJ. You looking for a date?

Mac V

12. paul7177

paul7177 Member

I was at Strausstown also on Friday, I and the shooters I know have a beer ONLY after shooting for the day! There are also many members who come to the club that are NOT shooters. Unless one sees someone consume alcohol BEFORE shooting, one should NOT make any comments! The club is open to all members, not just shooters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

steve huber strausstown pa