1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun deaths vs alcohol crash deaths

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by perazzitm, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. perazzitm

perazzitm Member

I am from California and curiosity got to me and had to look up this information. It is very easy to find drunk driving deaths per state and nationally per year, but finding gun related statistics that are current are hard to find. A lot of these Anti-Gun web sites ( VPC Violence Policy Center ) will only give the information by individual state gun death rate per 100,000. Soooo I kept on digging and found some real numbers, in 2005 in the state of California there were a combined non violent and violent death rate of 3,453 deaths and for drinking and driving there was 4,229 deaths. A little bit of a difference, huh! And for 2008 I could not find any solid numbers for California, but I did find some national compairisons for 2008, 37,261 drunk driving related deaths occured and 30,295 gun related deaths. And some states with a high gun ownership rate have some of the lowest gun death rates. Maybe the State of California and the country should control the amount of beer you buy to a 6-pack or 50 gallons of gasoline a month with a background check and a thumbprint! That would really work.

2. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

perazzitm, another trick the antis use is to include in gun deaths and injuries all those that were killed or injured during the commission of a crime......Bob Dodd

3. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Let's not forget that drunk driving is also a crime.

We should also remember that the government makes a lot of revenue from alcohol taxes, car registrations, DUI tickets, etc. Money drives their decisions. Are they making much from gun and ammo sales? I don't know that answer, but maybe someone on here does.

4. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

I was trying to compare sports injuries for college and high school kids. For the contact sports the numbers of serious injuries is in the 100,000's of thousands per year -- football, soccer, basketball, track and field, etc. Could not find any statistics for trap or skeet shooting because the number are so few... measured in ten year increments in only low double digits, e.g. 10/ 10 years. And the schools are afraid of our sport. Fred

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that speed and reckless driving was the number one highway killer? I don't recall where I read that but it's even worse if it's a speeding drunk! Hap

6. M-16

M-16 TS Member

We shot trap in 12 grade for a class $.50 a shot after 1 free shot, or you could bring in your own shells. I brought two box's and my shotgun on the bus to school just left the gun at the office until my class [1980] They didn't have a problem then. The late 60's my brother use to take his gun to same school put it in his locker all day ride home on the bus with a friend to go hunting. Never in any of those years did they have an incident with guns.

7. wm rike

wm rike Member

I think that for highway fatalities, something like 80% are single-car incidents, which underscores driver error by whatever means. Probably ten times that number survive their driving mistakes. Its scary out there.

Slightly over half the motorcycle deaths are DUIs - I looked that up a few months back.

Darwinism.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

alcohol deaths vs gun deaths

alcohol related death vs gun related death
death rates achol vs guns
drunk driving deaths vs shooting deaths
gun deaths versus alcohol deaths charts

gun deaths vs alcohol deaths

gun related deaths vs alcohol related deaths