1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun deals @ grand

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shubble72, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

Anybody seen any great gun deals at the grand. Im wanting to go up a notch and have a beretta 682x to trade where would you recommend.
    Thanks

2. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

i did but they are bad news not willing to deal and i wont go back.

3. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

I just talked to a gentleman who recently returned from the Grand. He said that prices were sky high. Maybe the time to try to deal, would be at the end of the Grand.

4. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

There are a lot of great deals out there right now, however, don't expect to get much for the 682 in trade. Gun dealers have to make money too. If they allow you top dollar for your gun, they are not going to be offering you great deals on the gun you want to buy. They will expect to get top dollar for it, just as you do for your gun. The best bet is to just shop around while you are there. If you know what gun you want to buy, that will narrow it down for you. Best case scenario is for you to wheel and deal on a gun you want, pay cash for it, and sell your 682 outright, either on this site, or at a larger shoot in your area. That way, you will get what you want for your gun, and pay what you want for the gun you buy... Just my observation. Dan Thome (Trap2)

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

figure 70% of what they are selling your gun at in value....

If there selling it for $3000 their going to give you $2100...

generally...

imho, my 2 cents worth...etc..

6. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

The only deal you're going to make at the Grand is with cash.
    I tried to buy a O/U barrel for my Kolar, wanted a 32" instead of my 30".
    Found two used barrels but could almost buy new ones for the price they wanted. It always seems you have what nobody wants, and they have the most wanted item out there. I passed, maybe I can find a better deal right here.

7. shoot em all

shoot em all Member

Go by Jaquas and get insulted then go down to Guns Unlimited or tent vendors and trade for a new shotgun. good luck jim w

8. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

jim w, he said he tried guns unlimited and they wouldn't give him the deal he was looking for. Jaquas will give you 80% of what they will sell the gun for in their store. At times I have not been happy with what they were willing to give me but that is the nature of trading guns. If you are paying cash I would guess that Jaquas will be very competitive.

Doug Allison

9. ramen39

ramen39 Member

I tried to trade my 90T with 2 stocks. Its A nice one. One place offered me $1200 for it on trade for A $9995.99 new Kolar. I felt kind of insulted. Another offered me $1600.00 for the 90T. Neither place shot A straight out figure to me. Needless to say. I brought my 90T back with me. I thought they would be wheeling and dealing with this economy. Not so.

10. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I thought GU's prices on their new guns were below average as they usually are. They had a new K20 for $8565. Hal Dupont and Jaqua's each had a used one for $8200 and some change. Not hard to make a decision there if you're looking to buy one.

11. oz

oz Active Member

try joel etchen.com

12. acss

acss Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

so - how do you feel when you trade cars???? buying outright always is best!!

13. Bridger

Bridger Member

As has already been said, if you have a trade you are going to get hurt. Dealers have to make a profit. On a trade they are essentially buying your gun and have to be able to sell it for more than they paid to stay in business. Most of them have their prices marked up so it seems they are giving you a bit more for your trade. Not an uncommon practice.I went there to buy a gun with no trade. Cash price on every gun I considered was considerably less when we got down to discussing purchase price. I ended up buying a very nice, almost new Krieghoff from Bob Schultz at a very good price. Some guns the dealers just don't want as they know there is no market for them. I overheard one dealer turn down a trade on a buyers MX 14 as he said there is no market for a gun like that does not have an adjustable rib.

14. Will22

Will22 TS Member

I didn't think the prices were too outrageous. GU had some good deals on their Browning XT combos. I bought my son a new CG (didn't trade anything in) from Gamaliel for less than anywhere else I could find. They were willing to deal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.