1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun cut

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by chikeneyes, Sep 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chikeneyes

chikeneyes TS Member

I had a great laugh at the Rosburg Or shoot on Sunday. One of the newer shooters walked up to the fellow to my right and asked What kind of gun is that it looks like a perazzi. He said no son this is a silver sikes and if you buy one of these they throw in a perazzi

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Its "Silver Seitz" but that is funny. Heck for what some of them cost they should throw in another gun. Perrazi owners may not find it quite as funny though.----Matt

3. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

It is hilarious BUT them being new shooters if they dont ask they will never know. I remember starting out told the Mrs.(who has shot for 28yrs) What the f--- do I need a $1000. trap gun I could do it with a H&R topper. When we looked up silver Seitz I bout s--t. Now on my 4th trap gun and have spent $5000 on them buying selling and tradeing to find the "1" I still want a Seitz too someday.

I think they can keep the Perazzi and throw in a lil knome to run and break lost targets lol.

Jerry Lewis

4. Gapper

Gapper TS Member

If they would throw in a new mx 2000, It would only be slightly overpriced! lol

5. Steve W

Steve W Well-Known Member

Whoever said if you buy a SS they'll throw in a Perazzi is a snob. Those are the kind of people drive away new shooters in our sport. They show their arrogant and ignorance easily.

If you look at strictly production cost, Perazzi is way over priced like Ferrari and Rolex.

With the exception of Ferrari, which don't spend any money on advertising, Ferrari, Perazzi and Rolex are three of the most valuable brand names in their own field, not only because they make good products, they all have very expensive marketing expenses (Ferrari does this via F1 racing). That'll take a big percentage in their final cost.

But as long as Ferrari keep winning F1s, Perazzi keep winning Olympics, and everybody think Rolex is a good watch, their high prices will be accepted.

On the other hand, some extremely expensive/unique shotguns we encountered only in America are partially due to very small production numbers, low initial tolling investments, inefficient design (large receiver), and inefficient production process (usually glamorized by calling hand made). These guns have build a cult like Harley Davidsons. Whoever owns one always look down at others and probably won't say a bad word about it because it'll look silly after spending that much money.

Are they worth that kind of money? Are they more over priced than those shotguns capable of selling world wide?

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I love my Seitz, BUT, I shoot much better scores with my Kolar Max T/A. Both Americian made and no spare parts kit needed. Jake

7. maka

maka Member

Steve W. nailed it it like staying at the Ritz verses Super 8. You know there are a lot in between but, it see out fit's like Marriot have always increase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.