1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Control in GB and Australia

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by John Galt, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Good WSJ oped piece regarding the failures of gun control in England and Australia.

2. crusha

crusha TS Member

"Well, Galt, even with your stilted selection of a discredited right-wing rag like WSJ, you should understand that those countries are different from America and you're comparing Apples to Kiwi Fruits..."

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Galt and aniti servicemember Buzz Gun---not that I care but it would be nice if you read the article before you posted it

Lets cut to the chase= here are the real numbers

Lets keep you accurate rather than going off track as others do to snow people

so if two guys get into a pushing match watching a soccer game- that is a simple assault- so forget that BS

But what you were talking about was number of murders by firearm rate

I hate using wiki but lets do that because they have pulled several sources together

You can see the entire table here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Here is the bottom line murders with firearms per 100,000 people that you picked/mentioned

Note the one you keep comparing the UK- The US rate is 93 times higher than the UK

US 3.7

New Zealand .17================ US 22 times higher

Austrailia .09 ================ US 41 times higher

United Kingdom .04============= US 93 times higher

US 93 times higher than great Britan by population

How many more firearms do you need sold in the US to bring that number down?

LOL

Just a logic tree for you to figure out

Let me point to the conclusion part where this guys BS, like yours,is apparent

"but only one out of 117 gun homicides in the two years following the 1996 National Firearms Agreement used a registered gun. Suicides with firearms went down but suicides by other means went up. They reported "a modest reduction in the severity" of massacres (four or more indiscriminate homicides) in the five years since the government weapons buyback. These involved knives, gas and arson rather than firearms.

In 2008, the Australian Institute of Criminology reported a decrease of 9% in homicides and a one-third decrease in armed robbery since the 1990s, but an increase of over 40% in assaults and 20% in sexual assaults."

Well just looking at the authors conclusion I would say he is full of BS

Who cares that simple assualts went up( and was that reporting?) maybe they are drinking more at the pubs with the enconomic troubles and all

Comparing a simple assualt with a gun killing or armed robbery is nuts

Likewise who cases that that suicide by other means went up

And "a modest reduction in massacres" -- Generous SOB isnt he- unless the reduction includes his child

I am not advocating for bans- but I am advocating for reading comprehension

Regards from Iowa

Gene

PS I would tell you to stick to something you know but you claimed to know aircraft and aircrew security along with Barker- and we saw how that turned out for you

4. timberfaller

timberfaller Well-Known Member

"Comparing a simple assualt with a gun killing or armed robbery is nuts

Likewise who cases that that suicide by other means went up"

Wow, from a mind of a genius! who is "advocating for reading comprehension"

5. g7777777

Timberfallen- try to follow this

That is what the author wanted to do to validate his position- claim that simple assaults were up but gun violence and killings were down so people arent safer after all

DUH

Please read again

DUH

Oh here is another example for you ( made up) people have more hangnails now than in the 1800s ( probably because they sit in offices and dont use their hands) so they are more unhealthy now than they were 100 years ago---- it means nothing that they live 25 years longer and the infant mortaility rate is down 70 percent

Regards from Iowa

Gene

6. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Please forgive Eugene, his brain got fracked.

7. timberfaller

Duh Gene, its one man's opinion.

The FACTS are CRIME has gone through the roof ever since firearms have been BANNED in those backward country's.

Is that simple enough for you to comprehend? Austria's crime rate went up 48% in one year after their BAN.

"Since 1920, anyone in Britain wanting a handgun had to obtain a certificate from his local police stating he was fit to own a weapon and had good reason to have one. Over the years, the definition of "good reason" gradually narrowed. By 1969, self-defense was never a good reason for a permit."

IN lays their problem, they didn't learn anything from WWII.

Had it not been for the thousands of Americans willing to give the Britts some "weapons" there knees knocking together, would still be heard today!! OR have you not studied that part of history either?

Just to show you how STUPID "banners" are, I have a friend in New
    Zealand, we've had numerous laughs over the "Genius's" in power. He says the process to own a hand gun is overwhelming at best, BUT he can own and shoot 4 inch cannon's from the WARS!! As he said, I can blow up my neighbors house with one shot but handguns are dangerous to own!!!

The last paragraph of the WSJ article sums it ALL up!!

8. g7777777

Timberfallen- I know you are pooping your pants with that approaching bear

But in your last minutes

Timberfallen states "The FACTS are CRIME has gone through the roof ever since firearms have been BANNED in those backward country's."

Have you even been to England and Austrailia and New Zealand for anything = even a few days as a tourist? Have you ever worked there? You call them backwards- Are you insane man?

How could you possibly know that? The fact that gun killings are substantially down but cheating at knickerballs is up means that things have gone to shi+ in a handbasket?

People like you are called gullable--- not sure what that bear might think of you- probably tender from lack of exercise is what he will think- and small head so it fits down the gullet easier

Regards from Iowa

Gene

9. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Admiral Eugene could keep a whole fleet of shrinks busy trying to figure out how to un-frack his brain.

10. g7777777

Galt- did you ever explain how you know so much more than any of us can believe about airport and pilot training and security? What a fool you made of yourself with that claim that many people called you on

Have you no pride man?

Do you even have a job?

Have you ever even flown in an airplane?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

Now is that Gene, making stuff up again?

12. timberfaller

Gene, I READ and Comprehend what I READ.

THAT is HOW I know what I post! Its not rocket science to find the TRUTH!

13. g7777777

Timberfallen? You say it is not rocket science to find the truth?

OMG

Do you realize people actually might read what you post here? Have you been to those countries?

Regards from Iowa

Gene

14. noknock1

noknock1 Active Member

Studies show that 86.7% of statistics are made up on the spot so I am not really impressed with any of the numbers thrown around in this discussion... Just say'in...

15. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Gene has the unique ability to travel into outer space without a rocketship.

16. timberfaller

LOL good one! John!!

17. Traders

Traders Well-Known Member

John,

It would be terrific if you would come up with a reasoned, entertaining response to Gene. All you seem to be able to come up with are insults.

Perhaps you should consider apologizing and responding intelligently instead of insultingly.

18. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Gene,

In the UK VIOLENT crime has sky-rocketed since they banned hand guns and semi auto centerfire rifles.
    [​IMG]

This is from 2009 data - it is based on population levels, which allows you to directly compare crime reates for two countries, regardless of their size (population).

19. HSLDS

HSLDS Well-Known Member

Gene,

Don't forget that the MURDER RATE for the UK exceeds that for the USA...

As reported by WHO:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_who-crime-murders-who

WHO shows a murder rate for the UK (6.6/100,000) which is higher than that for the USA (5.6/100,000).

This is from 2004 (last year complete data is reported) and is corrected for population density.

So a country with NO handguns, with NO semi-auto center fire rifles, with great limitations on every other firearm available has a HIGHER murder rate than the USA...

20. g7777777

HLDS- we discussed this- violent crime includes simple assualts- and reporting is the key there

Lets keep you accurate rather than going off track as others do to snow people

so if two guys get into a pushing match watching a soccer game- that is a simple assault- so forget that BS

But what you were talking about was number of murders by firearm rate

I hate using wiki but lets do that because they have pulled several sources together

You can see the entire table here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

Here is the bottom line murders with firearms per 100,000 people that you picked/mentioned

Note the one you keep comparing the UK- The US rate is 93 times higher than the UK

US 3.7

New Zealand .17================ US 22 times higher

Austrailia .09 ================ US 41 times higher

United Kingdom .04============= US 93 times higher

US 93 times higher than great Britan by population

How many more firearms do you need sold in the US to bring that number down?

LOL

Just a logic tree for you to figure out

Regards from Iowa

Gene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.