1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Control & Illegal Immigrant Issues

Discussion in 'Politics, Elections & Legislation' started by Chuck DeVoid, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chuck DeVoid

Chuck DeVoid Member

I enjoy reading the posts and opinions on TS for shooting advice, things for sale, political issues, etc.. There have been many posts recently about likely gun restrictions enroute and the upcoming 20/20 program on guns, along with other related posts. Of course we will wind up with additional "feel good" restrictions in the interest of political posturing and pushing personal agendas, while failing to attempt addressing some of the root causes.

In both the Virginia Tech and recent Binghamton NY shootings, how is it possible for someone with a Green Card to buy firearms? Not being U.S. citizens, I wouldn't think they should be entitled to those constitutional freedoms. Even access to a drivers license is debatable.

This appeared in the NY Times yesterday regarding Obamas immigrant agenda:

"He said then that comprehensive immigration legislation, including a plan to make legal status possible for an estimated 12 million illegal immigrants, would be a priority in his first year in office. Latino voters turned out strongly for Mr. Obama in the election."

I know it's been said here many times before, but if an immigrant is here ILLEGALLY that means that he or she has already broken the law, and therefore should be treated like a criminal. Providing Legal status only serves to undermine our laws and respect for this country and its citizens. It invites further economic and legal raping of this country.

I believe that the issues are related, having to do with respect for this country, our laws, and its citizens. Few, if any, politicians will do what's politically unpopular. Like the saying goes -- A society who sacrifices freedom for security will eventually have neither."

It's all been said before. Thanks though to this forum for allowing me the opportunity to vent a little...

Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.