1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun control........Florida vs Illinois

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by likes-to-shoot, Dec 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Two different mindsets on the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals on requiring state lawmakers to write a law legalizing concealed carry to uphold Second Amendment rights.

2. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

Ask Mike Dunn and George Zimmerman how happy they are about being able to
    carry a concealed weapon.

3. Rich219

Rich219 Active Member

What are you trying to get at Dick?

4. Dickgshot

What I'm getting at is that CCW is more than just what gun to carry, what
    bullets, and what holster. It's about the tremendous responsibilty you have
    to act sensibly. One of the most important things you learn is not to be
    emboldened by the fact that you have a gun.

Would Zimmerman have confronted Martin, who wasn't bothering anybody, if he weren't armed? Would Dunn, who is white, have asked a carload of black teenagers to turn down their rap music? This kind of stupidity resulted in two people getting killed, and two more probably headed for prison; and it jeopardizes our right to carry.

5. open choke

open choke TS Member

I agree with Dick,

Cause those guys prolly wouldn't have bothered for the fear of getting beaten up, but they were acting big and bad cause they could just simply shoot them "to defend himself" for getting involved.

CCW should be only to defend yourself if you're life is be threatened by someone else not even being a "good samaritan" either; then IMO you're "playing police" then you will prolly end up in jail anyway.

I know of 2 instances where 2 retired law enforcement men still had CCW and had accidental friendly fire and 2 on undercover duty law enforcement were killed. I know this is different story but it points to the "good samaritian" thing

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Having the constitutional right to carry a gun for personal protection doesn't give one the right to go looking for trouble or causing it either. Along with the right of personal protection goes hand in hand with personal choices and some abuse that right.

As in everyday life, if you are looking for trouble, you'll likely find it and sometimes more than you truly want or need?

Hap

7. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

Hap. Well said, responsiblity is the first concern for all of us to considerd when making a decison to carry a weapon.

8. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

First off the Zimmerman case hasn't gone to trial yet! In fact the prosecutors are stalling it because other that the "race card" they have very little evidence that would support a murder case. Now they have a REAL problem. With so little to charge murder on, they are worried about race riots if Zimmerman is not found guilty of murder(a distinct possibility)! Yes Zimmerman should have not confonted Martin when asked to by police dispatch, but this crap that Martin ,a` 6ft.3 230 lb thug thrown out of school for drugs and violence with a juvinile criminal police record and lottering in a gated community was just an innocent black kid walking through the neighborhood doesn't hold water! Besides if Zimmerman had used a knife, the case really wouldn't change! Maybe Dick would have simply let himself to be beaten to death? But the CASE is still undecided! As far as the Dunn case I don't have any information on it so I will let the law decide! But even if BOTH were to result in conviction. The overwhelming number of people who carry firearms (concealed or not) do NOT commit crimes! The liberal luncy that there is a need to restict ALL people from having/carring a gun to prevent crime is bull! Gun Control Does not stop crime! It never has!

9. train222

train222 Well-Known Member

10. trapperwads

trapperwads Well-Known Member

If only it were possible to have Michael Bloomberg, Chuckie Schumer, Harry Reid, and Nancy Polosi to start with walk alone at night along the streets in the southside of Chicago. Then follow up with others who use the current event to politic and scream gun control...they may change their tune. ed nichols

11. Dickgshot

Slide action: You couldn't wait to get in the discussion and tell us all the
    things we already now about Zimmerman and Martin. Zimmerman and Dunn both must have been sleeping during the CCW class. You do not walk into a potentially explosive situation because you are armed and feel safe. In fact, being armed is a reason to avoid those situations.

When you have a gun, your options are limited, especially if the other person doesn't have one. Fight with him, and he might take your gun away and shoot you with it. Shoot him, and wind up like Zimmerman and Dunn.

Try not to write more dumb stuff!

12. slide action

slide action Well-Known Member

Wheter you call it DUMB or not, The prosecution will have a very hard time proving murder in the Zimmerman case! I never said it was real bright for him to challenge Martin,if fact I stated that he should have taken the dispatchers advice! Maybe you MISSED that!!!! If the female, glory seeking, prosecuter hadn't spiked the political football (and this was about politics) and had charged Zimmerman with a lesser charge it might be different,but, murder will be a hard sell! Zimmerman probably isn't squeaky clean,but, if you are trying to paint Martin as poor little inocent black boy then you are as Dellusuional as the left wing media!

13. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hope that your carry gun never has to see the light of day. Even my closest friends don't know what I carry.

14. AJKohler

AJKohler Member

As I understand it, George Zimmerman never did confront Trayvon Martin. He trailed Martin, reporting to the local 911 dispatch, until he was told to stop following Martin. He did so and returned to his truck, only to be confronted and assaulted by a belligerent Martin at that point.

Besides, what ever happened to 'If you see something, say something?' Zimmerman was Neighborhood Watch and Martin matched the profile of a potential lawbreaker in the neighborhood. Not because he was black, but because he was acting in a suspicious manner.

Tony

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.