1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Comparisons

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dave P, Mar 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

I regularly shoot a BT-100 Browning. It took a while to get used too after shooting a Citori Plus for 20 years. But, today I had the opporunity to shoot a Ultra and a Cynergy, both unsingles. I was wondering what everyones opinion was. It took several rounds more to get used to the Ultra than the Cynergy. The recoil seemed less than with the Cynergy but then I didn't shoot either enough to get a good feel. Neither had a recoil device. Thoughts appreciated.

2. GW22

GW22 Active Member

Is there an actual problem with your BT-100 or do you just have extra money you need to get rid of?

-Gary

3. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

For a single barrel trap, you probably already have the best of the three. If you want to shoot doubles then choose one of the others, probably the XT.

4. Hank55

Hank55 Member

I agree with Barry, I've tried other guns also but always go back to the BT-100. The balance and feel fits me better than most of the more expensive guns. Save your money, you're shooting the best of the three!

5. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks for your thoughts

6. StansCustoms

StansCustoms Well-Known Member

Keep things as simple as possible. If the BT shoots for you...put it in a safe place and don't let it get away.

I would have given a BUNCH for an old beat up Broadway Trap I traded off one time....it had been customized by a west Texas oil man who abused it and scarred it up pretty bad. No one wanted it ...so I got a great deal on it. My first trap gun...I had NO IDEA how fine a gun it was till I traded it in on a newer pretty one. Bad Mistake...!!

I even tried to get it back...I was too late..it was sold before I finally figured out how well it fit me, especially compared to the newer prettier one...

A gun that fits and hits..is priceless. Many times the exact same gun doesn't shoot like it's brother...so replacement can be harder than you might think.

Just my 2 cents..
    Good luck.. Stan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.