1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Collection Records

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Shane in WI, Nov 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

I am looking for a form to list my firearms and the details. Not really looking to computerize the list, but have a easy to read and uniform sheets that I could print off and keep in a binder. I have found them before, but can't locate them now. I can make one from scratch, but just thought I'd ask here as you folks are always great help.
    Thanks, Shane

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Shane,

You may want to rethink not putting them on a computer form. Anytime I add a new gun to my collection I take a few photo's and write a desciption of the firearm and save it to one of those flash drives. I also email the same thing to my insurance agent so he has a record. The flash drive then goes into the safe. You can store a lot of guns on just one of those drives.

If a gun leaves my possesion, I make note of it on the flash drive. I never delete any firearms sold as the info might be needed on down the line. I also email my insurance guy when I sell a gun. This way there is no confusion on what I have in case of an accident/theft/act of God.

ss

3. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I keep a running word document with all the guns I have, serial numbers, date of purchase and where and any accessories I have on them such as scopes etc. I then take two photos of each. The nice thing is when I sell one, I can then just add the date of the sale and the info of the person who bought it.

4. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

Mine is on an Excel Spread Sheet, make, model, cal, accessories, any custom work done, SN, scope's SN, date purchased, price, date sold. Pictures are stored in a sperate file. Easy to change, easy to store on flash drives or disc's.

5. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I do the same thing as jbmi.

Ed

6. Erik W

Erik W Member

I have tried computer, but for me, the old 3x5 index cards in appropriately labled box seem to work best. I do them in pencil, because it seems a lot my stuff is a work in progress. Top line, make, ga, serial; then mechanical features; then barrel data, then dimensions. Back of card lists cost items.

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I use an MS Works spreadsheet. The flash drive idea sounds good. They are very cheap now.

HM

8. jlb

jlb Member

I use PowerPoint to store images of the guns including closeups of serial # and condition of each guns. In addition to images PowerPoint allows you to add text. I try to provide the "history" of each gun so that when they pass on to the kids they will have that information.

9. eightbore

eightbore Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an idea of a computer program that would store descriptions and pictures that could be turned into a sale or auction catalog entry with the push of a button when we decide to sell or get hit by a bus? Thanks for your ideas.

10. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

While your at it, photograph and video your home and possessions. Place in a safe deposit box or alternate location.

11. Shane in WI

Shane in WI TS Member

Thanks Everyone. What I'm really looking for is a sheet that I can print off and hand write in the details of each gun. I have seen them before, even printed them out, but can't locate them now. Maybe my best bet is to design exactly what I want and print them out. Like I said I have all the information on each gun, but want to clean it up in a better format along with some extra information on each one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

firearms collection record