1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Clubs this site is the best advertising why?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Use the Shoot information Category/ IT IS FREE AND GETS YOU IN FRONT OF THE SHOOTERS THIS IS A COMPUTER WORLD W/FAST INFORMATION

Gun clubs whynot post your shoots on this web site under the proper category
    but do it in a timely manner so shooters can tell shooters of your shoot.

I know I learn about shoots from this site especially on large buddy shoots and significant programs.

Shooters tell other shooters the pros and cons on gun clubs targets but don't want to say anything to the club,I know as I get a few PMs and I do nopt disclose who they are, as it is private information they divulged.

If you notice some venues are down and others are up, ask your self what can I do to get the shoot up.

If you noticed shooters shot the five stand a lot and now that it is down and they have not been able to shoot it.

I know a club that I shoot at throws a very slow target on buddy shoots and they get a lot of ties and he throws a lot of shootoff targets is not sound judgement with the cost of targets where they are.

They way less than an ATA target @ 38Mph now a lot of shooters have told him to speed them up, but it gfalls on deaf ears, a shooter brought his RADAR GUN and showed him how slow they were.

It is not a secret with as many as 4- tens shoot for 1st place and the lone 9 gets 2nd place I have seen up to 20 targets thrown to decide a winner.

There are 2 clubs near Athens Ohio that have up to and over 70 shooters on a Thursday and Friday night, even in this cold weather, and they shoot 3 man buddies so more shooters get to shoot and the next buddy tickets are taken and is already full when shootoff is done.

Shooting 3 mans a lot of shooters like then there are some who only want to shoot w/one other shooter on 2 mans.

Shoot what the majority of shooters want, throw targets. targets in the air is money/except when you throw so many shootoff targets. That 3rd shot pick up is a challenge.

A gun club may have a website, but shooters do not know it and those that do and they do not update it and still have December shoots posted don't look at it any more.

Keep your club in front of the shooters use this site and get noticed.

I would like to make a suggestion, put up a SUGGESTION BOX near the entry,
    and check it frequently/the close of the shoot for the day. So shooters can be anomonys and informative to the club.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. Russ-in-Pa

Russ-in-Pa Well-Known Member

WTH are you trying to say Doctor???

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

It's his monthly babbling session.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I would like to make a suggestion - that someone appove your threads, screen, before posting.

Don

5. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

BIGDON and GRNTITAN we need a forum to approve you to answer threads.

BIGDON wants another grudge match only this time against my FABARMS XLR5
    to beat his a**.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

6. running bear

running bear Member

Lonshots med's have run out again. Waiting for the 1st of the month before he regains his wits.

7. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Noth'n like a humble trapshooter!

8. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Notice how the great longsh/t mever mentions getting his butt kicked on the "old fashion, fast. wide 25 yd targets" whipped by an old Model 12. The very same targets he wants the ATA to go back to.

By the way LS I will be at Marengo for 2 weeks this year bring whatever and we will compare scores.

Don

9. deadnout

deadnout Member

well said setterman

10. 2llc

2llc Well-Known Member

Last year I used the ATA site to mention some local shoots.... very little if any response.
    I then used TS.com to mention several local events and the response from the surrounding areas surprised me. Seems that lots of events are taking place but if not in the right place at the right time you might not get the information. TS.Com has readership... and that is what it takes. Don't know how Longshot shoots or who beats who at what but he makes several good points... we should all use the tools available to us....... Larry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.