1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun clubs that do not put up with primadonnas

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by senior smoke, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

Hello:
    Over the years I have seen gun clubs bend over backwards to try and please shooters. The result was all it gave the owner was ulcers as no one was ever satisfied.

This particular club does not abide by ATA rules especially for setting targets. They play by the rules of the owner and if you complain let's just say like a baseball umpire would say, your outta here.

Recently, one of the local primadonna's who was always complaining about how the targets were set, cost of shooting, the brand of target thrown, was complaining to the owner and the owner had enough and refunded his money and told him NEVER to darken his door step again.

This gun club owner had finally had enough and told customers it's his club, targets are going to be set in the morning, and no target with be adjusted regardless of weather conditions as everyone is going to shoot at those same targets.

Some of the local primadonnas left and never came back to this club but the owner feels it was well worth it not to hear their endless list of complaints.

Rules of a shoot are not ATA rules, they are the owners rules. You would think that attendance dropped off but attendance is better than ever. No one complains any more about how targets are set, or what brand the targets are, as they know if you complain, it good bye Jack, your outta here.

The shooters at this club know what's expected, they know never to complain, and we all just seem to have a good time. The complainers are long gone, bitc---- and moaning at some other club. The owner and the members like it this way.

Do you belong to a club that will not put up with primadonnas and their nonsense complaints about anything and everything?
    Steve Balistreri
    Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

2. drgondog

drgondog Member

We don't tolerate complainers at DGC. Come if you're invited, stay if you behave, gone if you don't and blacklisted forever - even for great shooters like Stafford.

3. senior smoke

This club has only non registered money shoots. If people want to shoot registered tournaments there are other clubs that offer that. Believe me, all the complainers are now gone as it use to bring the entire club and it's membership down.

A club is meant to have fun at. If you go out and shoot and the targets are not set just right, tough, we are all shooting at the same targets. Free food is offered, it's just a plain old good time now.

Steve

4. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Steve...

Amen to that. You don't realize some of the problem issues you have until you don't have them anymore... I also see some of multi-discipline clubs that have the in-fighting and competition for club dollars to promote that piece of turf...

There is much to be said for a small single discipline operation that isn't too big for its britches...

Regards all,

Jay

5. 548

548 Guest

I will say this, the weather changes constantly and it's affect on target flight can be drastic. If my squad is in agreement that the trap needs to be raised or lowered two notches, we expect that our wishes will be honored. This sport is too damn expensive and time consuming to shoot horseshit targets if you can avoid it. That said, I have never shot at a club that hasn't allowed for shooter input regarding target flight. As for all the other compaining, I agree with you. But target flight is a different story and shooters reasonable wishes should be accomodated. It takes two seconds to raise or lower a PAT trap. Kind of hard to suggest that is a major disruption or inconvenience to the club.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Could someone please define PrimaDonna ..?

Websters says : Definition of PRIMA DONNA

1: a principal female singer in an opera or concert organization ...

2: a vain or undisciplined person who finds it difficult to work under direction or as part of a team ...

So, customers are supposed to work as a part of the team ..?(Please Explain)

I can't see some women being the priciple and singing at a trap shoot so you must be refering to #2. ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. GW22

GW22 Active Member

The accurate term is "Club Geezer," which I coined several years ago to represent the angry trouble-makers who make decent folks miserable and have driven so many trap shooters to Sporting Clays. I even posted a quiz people could take to determine whether they were indeed an official Club Geezer. But of course the douchebags who were, started posting vulgar comments and got the thread taken down.

Reminder -- just because you're an old geezer doesn't necessarily mean you're an official Club Geezer (i.e. an insufferable @sshole).

It definitely helps though :)

-Gary

8. senior smoke

A temperamental, conceited person. One who considers oneself such a virtuoso that one's skills are too deep, superior and critical to waste working trivial details, such as mowing lawns or writing Unit Tests.
    Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.