1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Clubs - St. Petes Beach Florida

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ron Gillatt, Jan 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ron Gillatt

Ron Gillatt Member

Hi All,

I am coming to stay at St.Petes Beach, Florida for the month of February and I wonder if anybody can advise me on a gun club in the area where I can
    a) Rent a Gun
    b) Do just Trap Practice.

I know I can do both at Silver Dollar (I have checked that out) but is there anywhere nearer to St. Petes or is the 'Dollar not that far?

As I live in Canada I can not really bring my own gun!!

Regards and thanks,

Ron in Ontario

2. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

The Dollar is an hour away from SPB. And, it is open every day. You can rent a gun, buy whatever you need (shells, etc.) and it is a fine place to shoot.

The Skyway is closer, off Gandy in Pinellas Park, open Wednesday nights and Saturday and Sunday.
    I "think" they have loaner guns, but they only shoot steel there and I did not renew my membership this year because of that and other reasons. In traffic, you're about half an hour from the Skyway (note: The Skyway club is not anywhere near the Sunshine Skyway Bridge).

The Dollar throws registered and practice targets everyday, has 5stand and skeet, too.

During February, there are several great shoots, too. Lots of shooters from Canada winter there.

Bob

3. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Also, if you look at other threads here, you'll find it's $7 a round for non-members, $5 per round for members. If you plan to shoot at the Dollar (try it-I bet you'll like it), you can become a member for $95 (family). Or, you could just shoot registered for the same price everyone pays. Shells and other items are cheaper for members, too. Doesn't take a lot of shooting to get back the $95.

Bob

4. zaob1

zaob1 Member

Skyway shoots Wednesday, Thursday, Friday evenings from 5 to 9 pm. Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 6 pm. If you are looking for a range close for a few rounds to keep your ain straight, then Skyway is the place for you. Yes the Dollar is a nice place, but travel from St. Pete Bch can be a hassel. Choices are there. Skyway is a nice venue with very friendly personnel. Yes they do have rental guns also. Email when you come down...........love to shoot with you at Skyway.

Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.