1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun clubs near east Tennessee

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Beretta Young Gun, Jan 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beretta Young Gun

Beretta Young Gun Active Member

Ill be moving to Tennessee in late spring/early summer between Greeneville and Johnson city. Id like to locate a few gun club in the area. I'm mainly a game shooter mostly protection/buddies but shooting is shooting. Anybody know of any good clubs that would welcome a northern boy? Thanks AJ

2. ziegmund

ziegmund Active Member

You will have a plethora of places to shoot, Unaka in Johnson City, Morristown,
    and Kettlefoot. There aren't many if any games played but Kettlefoot by far shoots the most registerd birds of any of the above clubs. Also there is "talk" of the State of Tennessee opening a range somewhere around Greenville.
    Not sure of other clubs (I belong to Kettlefoot) but you can do a search for Kettlefoot they do have a web site with a calendar of all their shoots Now I might also add Spartanburg gun club two 1/2 hours away, they shoot the State Shoot here and Bostic Home Grounds 2 hrs away they shoot the North Carolina Shoot here. Kentucky state shoot in Berea about 3 hours away.

3. postmastertim

postmastertim Wheels are falling off.... TS Supporters

Kettlefoot in Bristol, come on out and see us. Registered birds every Saturday except when Morristown Trap Club starts throwing them second Saturday in April. Big 50's every Thursday Spring through Fall.

You have the ones Eddie mentioned plus Cherokee in Kingsport, White Sands in Greeneville, Wilderness Road in Weber City, VA and Hog Heaven in White Pine is just down the road.

Trophy Shoots at Kettlefoot first Saturday, Wilderness Road second Saturday and Cherokee third Saturday. Games at the last two following their shoots.

Tim

4. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

The Unaka Rod and Gun club has a web page, with a lot of information on it. I live between Greeneville and Johnson City, and shoot there once or twice a week. The members are very friendly, and fun to shoot with. I moved down from the north 2 and half years ago. Bob

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Not really close but not that far. Hog Heaven is a blast to shoot at and the country is beautiful

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

My wife and i are considering places to buy land for our retirement home. Is eastern TN the place to go?

A 500 mile radius centered on Johnson City gets me to a lot of places I'd like to be close to.

Guy Babin

Maryland

7. Beretta Young Gun

Snowjet, what kind of shooting do they do at Unaka gun club?

8. Snowjet

Snowjet Member

You have a PM Bob

9. TjayE

TjayE Member

Very nice and friendly gun club at White Pine, Tenn. on route 113 (I think that is the route number). Hog Heaven trap club is in Eastern Tennessee just south of Morristown and east of Knoxville. Tom

10. Beretta Young Gun

Do any of the listed clubs shoot protection/buddies or annie oaklies/bush wackers or blue chips/piece shoots. I love my game shoots. The clubs I shoot at now have a dedicated "game" night every week where they shoot protection all night then shoot blue chips and annie oaklies to wind down. Thanks AJ

11. 4andy10

4andy10 Member

unaka has 3 skeet fields with 2 of them set up for trap as well. total fields 3 skeet, 3 trap fields, they have skeet league which begin 1st monday in april and run up to august, then they start a trap league. They do team shoots with 6 members on skeet squad and trap teams have 5 members shooting together. I've been a member of both Unaka and Cherokee. Lately though I've just been shooting leagues at Unaka. I enjoy shooting at them all but cherokee is my least favorite because of skeet field background. Kettlefoot shoots registered trap but not skeet. all of the other clubs don't shoot registered targets. You'll have fun just about anywhere you choose to shoot in this area. I'm in Fall Branch(close to Greene county line)and can be to Cherokee in 15 min., Unaka in 25 min., Kettlefoot in 30-35 min., Wilderness Road in 25 min. so they're all reasonable close. hope this helps, Keith

12. ziegmund

ziegmund Active Member

Guy Babin

Tennessee is a great state to retire in, no income tax, property tax limited to land and structure, only cost 23.00 to tag car. 10% sales tax. East Tennessee is very pretty country with what I consider nice people and not over populated at all.

Beretta

Haven't found any ranges around that shoot "games", being from Kentucky and learning to shoot games I do miss it on occasion. Kettlefoot does have
    1. 3 skeet ranges
    2. four trap fields
    3. huge sporting clay range
    4. very nice five stand range
    5. archery range
    6. pistol range (bulls eye)
    7. IDPA pistol range Virgina State shoot held here
    8. 22 rimfire range
    9. 300 yd rifle range
    10. plinking range
    ?? sure I left something out but having a senior moment

Plus open 24 hours a day with some of the nicest people you will meet. I could stand to be corrected on this but I do believe more registered ATA targets than any other club in the State

Eddie Thomas

13. USMC Goose

USMC Goose Member

If you move to East Tennessee aka "God's Country" you have to learn to drink sweet tea!!

14. ewayne

ewayne TS Member

Hey Eddie,
    You forgot to say that Kettlefoot has the nicest best looking Club Manager anywhere LOL.
    Wayne

15. ewayne

ewayne TS Member

I have shot at all the clubs in the Tri-City area and have been or am a member at 4. They each offer something different. Unaka has a great Skeet league, Kettlefoot has a great Trap Program and Leagues in Skeet, 5 Stand,. Trap and Sporting, Wilderness Road offers Skeet and Trap, Cherokee offers Skeet and Trap and Leagues, Morristown offers Trap only, Hog Heaven is 7 Trap and 1 Skeet Field with some of the best Trap Targets around.
    There are some great people at each club. Some volunteer and work tirelessly to make their facility a quality place to relax and shoot.
    I am sure that any club not offering the type of shooting you desire would be more than happy to have you jump in join up and start a program.
    Welcome to Tennessee one of the most Gun friendly States in the Union.
    Wayne

16. mlml1944

mlml1944 Member

Everything that has been said about Kettlefoot gun club is so so true. But a couple things that has been left out is that is has one of the largest front porches in trap shooting anywhere some of the best B/S stoties you ever heard in in your life great great people. And the most important thing that has been left out is we have the best food at every shoot .THANKS KAY CHARLIE MORRIS

17. Beretta Young Gun

But I hate sweet tea....lol. AJ

18. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I think they shoot games at Hog Heaven?

19. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

There are several great sporting clays courses around Knoxville. Sporting clays, in case you don't know, is what all us game shooters from the 70's
    are now into.

20. wayno

wayno TS Member

boone nc is about 1.5 hrs away from johnson city, and has a great little club called, not surprisingly, watauga trap club.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
east tennessee gun club

east tn gun clubs

gun clubs in east tennessee
gun clubs near greeneville tn
knoxvilletrapskeetgunclub
shooting clubs near greeneville tn
shooting range near greeneville tn
trap and skeet trade tn