1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Clubs in S.E. Connecticut

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by flylta, Nov 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flylta

flylta TS Member

I currently live in SW Fla but I don't sepak spanish and I have family in CT. So the search is on for a networking job and I wanted to make sure there are clubs in the area.

Currently looking at the Oxford area but I want to live close with 30 minutes of a club so let me know what's in the area and maybe I need to look elsewhere.

Thanks
    Ron

2. BT-99MAX

BT-99MAX Member

Ron: Check this one out. Seymour Fish & Game Club
    130 Chestnut Tree Hill Road
    Oxford, CT 06478
    Phone - 203-888-2805

3. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

I am a member of Seymour F&G. The phone number is for a pay phone inside the club house. The phone will not be answered when the club is closed

They are open Tues & Thurs. from 3:30pm to 9:00 pm (shoot under lit fields)
    And Sundays from 9:30 am until early afternoon (usually starts foldling up around 1:30pm or 2:00pm though technically open until 3:00pm)

One trap field and one skeet field.

If shooting skeet - you MUST USE #9 SHOT ONLY!!!!!!!! (neighboring property is within shot fall range of anything larger)

No exceptions.

Trap-you can use any trap load 8 or 8-1/2 or 7-1/2 shot.

Non members must be signed in and sponsored by a member.

4. flylta

flylta TS Member

Thanks Guys,

I know that I can shoot and it would be a lot closer than it is now. The closest location to shoot "real" targerts (regulation field is over an hour away.

Ron

5. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Yes. But, there are no more horses. There are more HOUSES.

They no longer shoot ATA registered. I was their last CTA club delegate and they stopped about five years ago.

The pond with a dam? Sounds like you're talking about Fairfield County Fish and Game Protective Ass'n? In Newtown, CT off Hammertown Rd?

I started shooting at Seymour in 1981. So chances are, you may have seen me there when I was a skinny, teenager with an 870 and 1100.

All the old trapshooting gang is now gone..... The whole Sikorsky crew lead by CTA Hall of Famer, Chuck Turney, who passed away this year, are all gone.

Nat Mammana passed away in December of 2005

"Jiggs" Cochran passed away this summer, too. My dad passed away in May of 2006
    Stan or "Stosh" as many called him. He flew Remington Arms' airplane during the time period you shot at Seymour.

Bob Marshall, the past president who served for over 35 years as president, is still alive, but not well enough to come out to the club anymore.

The only one left from the "original" trapshooting crew from back then, is Tony Orsini and occasionally, Danny Buhan, the former trap mechanic from the old Remington Gun Club, shoots there maybe every other Sunday.

The rest of the club are more the sporting clays crowd who show up to shoot a few rounds of skeet.

Although, we are getting a good response for trap league for this winter.

6. mikej

mikej TS Member

se conn has many clubs also ri if you need more info e mail me at mikej02891@yahoo.com mike jaye

7. mikeygun

mikeygun TS Member

you can also shoot at the ansonia rod and gun club. 200 ford st. ansonia, it is opened 7 days a week. 9:00 am. 1 trap and one skeet field. alos pistol and rifle. ps. tony orcini shoots in ansonia on fridays.

8. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

Rick - you sound like you might be describing Wolcott, too.

It does have a clubhouse at the end of the driveway that goes uphill

Four trap fields to the right as you drive in. There is now a fifth (actually a combination skeet, trap and small, two bench covered port 100-yard rifle range all sharing different shoot times.

That is the club on Woodtick Rd, near the Rte 322 intersection with Bristol about 5 minutes north up the road.

9. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

10. Steve-CT

Steve-CT TS Member

let's try this again

11. 682LINY

682LINY Member

If you come across the border ,,two clubs,,,,spellinig is pot luck,,,,whorttkille ,,,near hopewell junction NY ,,,off rt 84 and taconic parkway,,,,also Willowood in mayopac ny off rt 684,,,,see above link http://www.willowwoodclub.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.