1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun clubs at or around Ft. Polk Army Base

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pj 999, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Looks like my son is headed to Fort Polk anybody know of any gun clubs in this area? thanks Paul Baker

2. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

There used to be a club on base that had skeet and trap

regards from Iowa

Gene

3. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

When I was there, a round of Skeet, box of shells, AND the use of a Rem 1100 was $5 a round. Oh, and an E-6 for a puller. LOL

That was several years ago.

4. SARGE75X

SARGE75X Member

Oh yeah Shooting Coach I remember those days except it was the Rod and Gun Club at Ft Hood, but we pulled for ourselves and it was more like 30 years ago. Then you could go back inside the Air Conditioned clubhouse and get a huge bowl of Texas Red made by a retired E9 AND a pitcher of Coors so cold it was dripping sweat for another 3-4 bucks. You know it's funny at this club everybody, Officers and Enlisted got along fine but being a MP I had opportunity to be in the "other" clubs on base where the patrons looked down their nose at us.

Ewww Ft Polk, ala Little VietNam, both my brothers went thru Basic there in the 60's, they said it was bad but better than Leonard Wood.

5. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

I was at Ft.Polk when I got my official discharge papers in 1959............Damn.........there's been a lot of water under the bridge since then.........

I wonder if Vi still lives there..........lol lol

Ah............memory's.............

Hauxfan!

6. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

Thanks for the info and replies. I'll let him know when I talk to him. How about the surrounding areas off base for trap clubs? Paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.