1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Clubs $4.98

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Leo, Nov 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

Just a heads up, DICK'S sporting goods has a sale for Remington Gun Clubs at $4.98 a box plus tax. This does not require a rebate. I grabbed the last two flats of 7-1/2 at my local store, but there were a lot of 8's left. The sale is over on Sunday 21 NOV 2010 Good Luck

2. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Pretty good deal, I've been picking up the 20 ga. no. 9 shot when I see this sale.

3. Huntin'Fool

Huntin'Fool Well-Known Member

here in pa still 4.98 bought another 3 flats

4. BT-100dc

BT-100dc Active Member

Stopped at Fin, Feather, Fur in Ashland, Ohio on Monday of this week and Fiocci 209 primers were $18.99/1,000 and Blazer .22 LR shells were $13.99/box of 525.

Thought that was pretty good. BT-100dc

5. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

Dunhams matched the price. I did not even bring in a copy of the flyer.
    They called Dicks Sporting Goods to verify the price.

6. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

Rimengton extended the rebate for sts and nitro till 12/31.

Bought 15 more flats.

Tony

7. goose2

goose2 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't go in a Dick's if they were giving them away.

8. BudsterXT

BudsterXT Member

goose2

Please explain further why or what happened to have such a strong opinion of Dicks?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kenny Uhlbeck

9. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

The Sale on Gun Clubs has been extended until 24 NOV 2010. I really do not like Dicks too well, but 2 bucks a box for 20 to 40 boxes adds up.

10. revbook

revbook Member

$4.23 per box when you buy 2 flats at 4.98 per box with an additional $15.00 coupon for spending more than $75.00. And you earn Scorecard points for your purchase. Hard to beat.

Don

11. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I bought four flats of 1200 fps 7 1/2s yesterday, went on line and did a survey, got a $10 coupon.

Went back today, bought two more flats, was invited to do the survey again, and have another $10 coupon for tomorrow.

Dick's is very overpriced, IMO, and the associates in the stores I have been in leave a lot to be desired, but for the price of these GCs on sale, I will buy them as long as I can get the coupon with each visit.

Bob

12. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

Just grabbed every flat of 2 3/4 dram 8s that my local Dick's had tonight (18 flats). They still had plenty of loose boxes on the shelf - 25 shells per box ; at $4.98. Also had several flats of 3 dram 7 1/2 shot left on the rack, for anyone wanting the heavier load.

I plan on returning tonight, to see if the re-stocked their inventory. At that price, I just may take another trunk-full home........

13. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My opinion - Gun Clubs are a low quality shell, hulls not worth keeping. I would rather pay three dollars more for Nitro's or Feds or Wins. I can not get them sold at our club but they will beat the door down for Nitros

14. SevenMaryThree

SevenMaryThree Member

The Novi, Michigan store had Gun Clubs for $6.99 per box.

The 20 round boxes were $4.48.

I left empty handed.

15. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I have not seen the 20 round boxes where I am. All the ones I bought were 25 count. Thanks for letting us know, that is something else we have to watch for. Why would Remington make a box of 20 Gun Clubs to sell to people who shoot a 25 shot game. I could see hunting shells (Deer slugs come 5 to a box), but not trap or skeet products.

16. warpspeed

warpspeed Member

I picked up a flat of GCs @ Bass Pro for $ 52.90 + tax. That was regular price.

17. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

I'll agree 100% that the local DICK'S to me is generally overpriced and the people that work there are inexperienced or not very knowelagable about sporting arms and ammo variations but, heck they are only trying to make a buck and be in the working force. Can't fault them for that. It's not like it's skilled labor or anything. Cabela's isn't much better in my opinion. Go in buy what you're looking for and get out. Less frustration that way. Don't think I'd buy a gun there (DICK'S) only because they seem very limited (Stoegers,Remingtons Expresses) there. Again, why get frustrated. I'd rather go to where there is a good selection of firearms.

I find the 20 ga. Gun Clubs @ $4.98 to be a good deal and they reload fantastic. Without streatching the truth as many times if not more than an STS or AA hull. The price of the 12 ga. STS's and Nitro's on sale and rebates are hard to beat. I'm only buying 8-10 flats a year which is small time, I enjoy reloading my own. If this is all that DICK'S is good for I'll try to take advantage if it while they are still in business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.