1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun club vs game loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by maclellan1911, Oct 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

With out doubt game loads perform better in my xt briely spectrum IM choke than gun clubs and they are cheaper! I prefer my reloads and factory STS, but at 39.80 per case at dicks game loads are great. On paper tne gun clubs had a much wider and non consistant pellet spred. game loads even at 10z had s much better uniform patern. I have not counted holes yet. dont think I need to.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

maclellan1911- Some numbers from 10 patterns of each shell might be a bit more convincing.

Pat Ireland

3. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

I did 5 of each, I even wasted some AA loads for a 3rd test. trap dude was late opening up today. Killed some time patterning. Started by getting a new shooter to pattern his gun. Then turned into comparing chokes then shells, I even patterned the chambermate 12to20 reducer I just got and was a bit stunned at how well thr 7/8oz 20g thru a 12 ga IM choke was. Just watching the wads from the gun clubs and game loads. Game loads seem to always go nice uniform paths? I dont know how that comes into anything? My reloads with the rem TGT12 wads fellow members say it looks like my wad hits the clay.

4. JoeBerg

JoeBerg TS Member

"With out doubt game loads perform better in my xt briely spectrum IM choke than gun clubs and they are cheaper!"

I shoot singles with the 7-1/2 or 8 Rem Game Loads using a Briley Mod choke in the bottom barrel of my XT, and agree these work better for me than the Gun Clubs - JoeBerg

5. jakearoo

jakearoo Active Member

The game loads are 1 oz. and 3.25 drams, right? I thought that anything over 3 drams was a no no. No? Jake

6. TOLIPNUG

TOLIPNUG TS Member

I COULD BE WRONG, BUT ATA ONLY SPECIFIES SHOT WEIGHT OVER SPEED-DRAM EQUIVALENT IS NOT A FACTOR-RICK ZINO

7. Capt. Morgan

Capt. Morgan TS Member

...and industry standard velocity for a 3.25 DE powder charge under 1 oz. of shot is 1290 FPS.

Morgan

8. JerryP

JerryP Active Member

maclellan1911, 5 of each? What numbers did you get?

9. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Have not counted yet, wife will be sleeping wednesday night I may Unroll paper and start counting.

10. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

Earl why would "be the laughing stock of ATA event" with game loads? Are you saying that Members who shoot anything but premo shells get laughed at? I will shooting GAME LOADS from my current yardage at next event just to see how many laugh. Now maybe some of the guys I know well might raze me a bit, but I do not think anyone one respectful would flat out laugh at anyone for shooting game loads. 1oz shot at 1290fps is 1oz shot at 1290fps no matter what shell it comes out of.

11. lumper

lumper TS Member

1oz @ 1290fps will crush the targets just as well as a 1-1/8oz @ 1200fps if not more. There is nothing wrong with a game load, especially when you compare the price per box of shells.

12. Chip

Chip TS Member

Thanks for the tip, I don't want to be the laughing stock so I am gonna put my game load shells in AA boxes so nobody will notice me using them in my premo 870 competition trap :)

13. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Earl, your nuts................Roger

14. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

The "game loads" work just fine. The only thing I don't like about them is they have a tad too much recoil for me. I just reloaded a couple of boxes of once fired game loads and they load great. I figure to reload them a couple of more times and then dump them. You can't beat the price. Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun club vs game loads

reminton gunclub vs game load reloading