1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun club TROPHIES, whats your budget? types??

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

In consideration of standard league trophies it has come to my attention from a member that they were un-happy with one that was givin last year. (it looked cheap) Now before this thread turns into a raging rant of opinions on the member himself STOP... I really want to stay on topic. My goal here is to find out what clubs are spending on each one and possibly get some links to some unique trophies that people could really enjoy. (key price within reason) It is hard to find a different style trophy every year and keep everyone happy, Just looking for some new ideas.

I dont want to know your entire budget but what is a range you give to your members for trophies?
    ie, 10.00 each across the board? 15.00? Do you go 18.00 for 1st? then a progressive cheaper trophy for places under?
    Do you give different trophies every year? or do you stay with a standard for a few years than change it up?

Any help is appreciated.

2. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Unloader...

I have one of yours and love it. I was just looking at your thread yesterday for trophies and it would make a great one IMO but i reload. I am not sure how many guys are still even reloading at our club is the only drawback. But PM me a price on a batch buy would you? I will bring it to meeting next week.

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

RE: possibly get some links to some unique trophies

You may find something here. Dozen or so links listed...

http://www.losttarget.com/links.html#AWARD

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

himark -

My club is small, and only has leagues with trophies, all of our registered shooting is targets-only. And with the league we are not trying to make a profit, all entry fees go back into trophies and food.

I can usually spend $30 to $40 on each trophy. For a 40 person league with $800 of entry fees ($20 per person, they pay for targets separate) I will spend $550-650 on trophies and the rest on food. We usually give 12 trophies for 40 shooters (2 HOA, as well as a winner and RU in 5 classes).

For the past few years I've gotten all of our trophies from Rocky Mountain Awards (http://www.rmawardandtrophy.com/). Talk to Kim, she has always been very helpful and I find they have a very large selection of trophies so that I'm not always giving the same things. If you go to their website, take a look at the Gifts section, there are a lot of cool items that you can use for league trophies. Everyone at my club is very happy with the selections (BBQ sets, Poker Sets, Domino sets, Cribbage boards, etc). They have regular trophies too, and also offer a large selectio of bronzes. We purchasesd bronzes for our big handicap championship and everyone thought they were the best.

Scott

5. himark

himark Well-Known Member

Good info. Tx for the web link post.

Would like to see some more posts on a $ amount spent on league trophies for each trophy if possible.

6. slayer

slayer Well-Known Member

We have one big public shoot each year and it is my responsibility to come up with awards. We give a big gold and silver plate belt buckle for top gun [HOA]. About 45 bucks plus engraving and shipping. Very popular. We also have a sportsman class and give a less expensive brass belt buckle for that, 25 plus shipping and engraving. the second place and youth awards are coming from crown trophies this year at about ten dollars each. we get the buckles from Linden Awards right here in MI. Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun club trophies