1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun club-top gun

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tracyhunter, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

gun clubs and top guns are the same price here.which one would be the best to buy for 16yd trap?I know the gc's reload better but i want to know if one is any better than the other.

2. daddiooo

daddiooo TS Supporters TS Supporters

Just my experience mind you.......but when I clean my gun after shooting Remington Gun Club shells there seems to be a good bit of unburned powder left and they seem to have a bit more "thump" (recoil) than other shells. I don't reload so can't say which hull is better for reloading.

JMO.

Dave

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

I reload Remington BUT If I was just buying shoot and drop shells I would get the Top Guns. In fact if I ever stop reloading it will be Top Guns that I shoot after that. I know they are cleaner in my guns with the same loads and they seem to be more consistent but that is purely subjective on my part based on sound and recoil.

The only real issue I have with Top Guns is the weird wad flights but that occurs after the wad shot separation and really has no relevance to performance UNLESS you happen to bounce one off your chronograph. ;o(

--- Chip King ---

4. tracyhunter

tracyhunter Member

I made a mistake on the gc. the sale is on game loads,$5.29, top guns $5.19.

5. miketmx

miketmx Well-Known Member

I don't find any real difference in shooting but I will buy Gun Clubs just because I can reload em once and then pitch em. I don't believe the shot in Gun Clubs is hard enough for Handicap and use either premium shells or my reloads.

6. sernv99

sernv99 Active Member

I don't reload but I never heard of anyone reloading the GC hulls once and pitching them afterwards. I have sold these hulls to folks who reload them anywhere between 5 to 7 times before pitching them.

7. chipking

chipking TS Member

I'm with you sernv99 I have found that the Gun Club hulls will give me more reloads normally than the STS hulls. I think that whatever they use to make the STS's slick and shiny makes them a little more brittle so they split in the folds sooner.

--- Chip King ---

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.