1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Club Shells on sale at Dicks, $4.80/box

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by pdq, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdq

pdq Member

In the Philly paper was a flyer from Dicks advertising Gun Clubs on sale, normally $8.49, on sale for $5.98 when bought 10 boxes at a time. And, there's a $1/box Remington rebate, so now you at $5/box. Plus if you have a Dicks Points card, you'll get a coupon equivalent to 20 cents, making the net price $4.80.

I just got back from their store in DE where I bought 30 flats. People at the store at first argued that the real price at the register would be $6.98 and after the rebate it'd be $5.98, but I had the flyer with me and showed them that it wasn't what it said. Turns out that they were caught off guard, weren't notified of the sale in DE as there was no sales flyer in the DE newspapers, but was in PA and a handful of other states.

To their credit, they honored the ad. And, since it was DE, no sales tax. So, my dwindling supply of shells is now re-stocked. And, since the gun I shoot is very plain (plain black receiver, no engraving or gold inlay) versus some of the highly, highly engraved Kreighoffs that some of my friends shoot which therefore require the expensive shells, it's ok for me to shoot the lowly Gun Clubs.

Pete

2. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Will Remington rebate on 30 flats?

Our local Dicks would not be able to come up with 30 flats if they combined all of their 12 gauge ammo.

3. JTEA

JTEA Member

Is the Remington rebate the continuation of the one from last year, or is this a new rebate? Anybody know?

I was down there last week and they were priced @ $5.49 / box. Also had the Rem. sign, but assumed it's still the same rebate.

JT

4. G-12

G-12 TS Member

They're basically continuing the rebate. It started 1/31/2010 and ends 7/31/2010 according to their mail in rebate form. Maximum rebate of $100 with 100 box purchase. It's taking them 6 weeks to process my forms. Ben

5. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

pdq, what kind of shell does a highly engraved Kreighoff shoot? Will Gun Clubs work in a Browning without engraving? Will they work in a grade III BT-99 that is engraved but cheaper than a Kreighoff?

6. threedeuces

threedeuces TS Member

I wouldn't step foot in a Dick's store if they were giving them away.

7. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

last time I bought the gun clubs fron dick's about 4 to 5 out of each flat failed to fire.

tony

8. pdq

pdq Member

A number of answers.

First, as to what shells you have to shoot if you own a Krieghoff, I can't answer that as I have never owned one. I just know that more than 1 Krieghoff owner has said I shouldn't be shooting such cheap shells.

Regarding having 4 - 5 shells from each flat refusing to fire, that's great news!!! I had 2 do the same (bad primer in 1, **missing** primer in the other. I sent them to Remington & a few weeks later got a letter thanking me, and a check for $18.00. If I were you, I'd send them to them 1 at a time & get 5 checks.

My gripe with Gun Clubs is that in every box there are 2 - 3 that don't have any pellets in them which is the sole reason for me missing targets.

Regarding the rebate program, there is a limit of 1 rebate per customer. I simply submit them with my name on 1, and relatives name & address on the other 2.

Pete

9. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

All American Jerry Parr shoots them very well.

10. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

FYI,

The "Big Three" (Remington, Federal, and Winchester) will be coming out with $20 per case rebates next month. This info was from a supplier.

Regards,
    Matt Ski

11. pullbangloss

pullbangloss Active Member

Shawn,

I didn't get any more details other than there were coming back out with the $20 rebates. I'd check the big three's websites in the next few weeks to see if they post any info. I'm sure they will like last time.

Regards,
    Matt

12. phirel

phirel TS Member

The shells that Dick's sell come from the same place every other retailer gets their shells.

Pat Ireland

13. pdq

pdq Member

Speedywho:

I was kidding, saying that the shells didn't have shot in them, causing me to not break the targets.

I'f I've got the gun pointd in the right direction, the targets break with Gun Clubs.

Pete

14. peterk814

peterk814 TS Member

On sale for 5.65 here in LI, but there is tax.

The rebate is offered by Dicks not remington and you can mail it in as many times as you want. 100 box limit per rebate, so just send it 3 times if you buy 30 cases.

15. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Member

actually the rebate is from remington but only for dicks, remington sends the rebate. This is if its the same from last year and in the past remington mails them faster then most companies. I know remington keeps track of how many times you send in the rebates so I wouldn't bet on sending it in for more then the 100 boxes for the same address.

16. SilverShooter

SilverShooter TS Member

I have had rebate problems with Dicks. During last years promos, I recieved only half of the rebates I submitted. I called the listed phone numbers and they said they never got some of them, and told me to resubmit with copies (that I had thinking this could be a problem). Never got those rebates either, and when I called again, they said they dont take copies and that I had to get a duplicate reciept, and resubmit a third time. In the end, I only got $40 of $80 rebates submitted.

So instead of about $5/box, my average cost due to the lost rebates worked out to about $5.75. I can get that everyday without rebate hassles at the DE Walmarts (so sales tax) and I get to enjoy the people of walmart too.

17. tinylo

tinylo TS Member

I was just sitting here thinking about the Dick's shopping experience. Until I can get Gun Clubs for $3.00 a box there, I will stand on principle and not walk into this ridiculous excuse for a sporting goods store anymore.

I refuse to deal with...
    1. The walk of shame through the entire store, sometimes upstairs, to the "lodge", well hidden so as to not scare the normal patrons and their offspring.
    2. Waiting around for a saleschild who always seems to be masturbating in the corner of the canoe department.
    3. Opening the gate and handling ammo in an attempt to get security alerted and finally send a now completely gratified saleschild over to investigate.
    4. Waiting for the saleschild to open each and every factory sealed case to ensure that the case does indeed contain the ten boxes of shotshells as clearly labeled on the carton.
    5. Waiting for the saleschild to find and affix a "cashier must scan every box" sticker to each case because corporate uncovered a single instance where some lucky guy got a whole flat for the single box price, but is too lazy to have someone spend 5 minutes inputing the UPC code for the entire case to completely prevent the issue.
    6. Waiting for the cashier to scan each and every f'n box (although when well-dressed this has provided me with enough time to strike up pleasant conversations with female shoppers who look like aerobics instructors).

I'll support my local gun shop by paying an extra $0.50 a box, or simply reload. Even Wal-Mart is preferable and a wonderful experience by comparison to Dick's.

18. shannon391

shannon391 Active Member

Tinylo,

How true!

They also make me feel like the red headed stranger.

And... ever time I do buy, they throw away the case boxes, so I end up with a cart full of loose boxes. (last time I brought my own cardboard flats].

19. Spanky

Spanky Active Member

Your full of crap that 2 or 3 shells per box don't have any shot in them. If your missing target it's not because of them Gun Clubs. If a shell didn't have any shot in them they wouldn't crimp or the crimps would be collapsed. A guy with frost bitten fingers could tell the difference between a shell with no shot in it and one that was loaded to 1 1/8 oz. before he put it in his gun.

20. pdq

pdq Member

Spanky:

Don't get your knickers in such a twist!!!

Didn't you see my post above where I told another fellow I was kidding and that if I have the gun pointed where I should, that the targets break?

Remember -- it is permissible to have fun on this list. This place is actually one of my best sources for jokes.

Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dicks shotgun shells for sale

dicks sporting goods temington gunclub

dicks sporting goods trap shells
gun club shells for sale
gunclubshotshells
remington gun club cheap on sale
remington gun club shells for sale
remington gun club shotshells for sale