1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Club Reloading Recipe ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by harrkidd, Jan 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. harrkidd

harrkidd TS Member

Nov 1, 2009
    i have a load of gun club hulls that need reloading..havn't reloaded in a while .. would like input on recipes .. i shoot for fun and not registered !! probably 1150 to 1200 range .. also have green dot powder to use up ,than will purchase new powder !! i'm thinking alliant ,but not sure which powder ? what wads and primers recomended to load with green dot and new alliant ? any and all info would be greatly appreciated !!! thanks in advance !! tim..
  2. OldRemFan

OldRemFan Member

Sep 4, 2009
    noduck is correct. The Alliant reloading manual not only states on the manual that gun club hulls load the same as sts hulls, buy they have some very good information on green dot. I recently used up my old green dot and then purchased new green dot. It is a very good powder for target loads as is the Alliant unique
  3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2006
    Tim: When you are ready to purchase powder, I would recommend using Alliant's Promo powder. Very reasonable in price and uses the same recipe as Red Dot. I load 17.5 grains of Promo, Gun Club hulls, (or STS), Fiocchi primers, DR XL-1 wads and 1 oz. #8 Lawrence shot. Makes for a great 16 yard load. Ed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun club hulls recipe

gun club reloading recipe