1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Club Membership

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Surveyor, Oct 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

I'm lookin at joining a local gun club that was established here in the '60s.
    My son and I visited last weekend, and were invited to be a guest for the day. Shot a couple rounds of trap. Met some very nice people. The grounds were well kept and appeared to be about 400acres of archery,pistol range, 600yrd rifle range, cowboy action range and competion area, trap skeet and 5 stand area, two club houses, etc. It's roughly 8 bucks a month plus a work day every year, and $2 per round to pay for the clays. Seems like a no-brainer, but I wanted to know what you guys were accoustomed to pay for club membership and what you get out of being a club member?

Any comments are appreciated.
    Thanks in advance.
    Todd

2. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

No fee, work 36 hours a year. 3 dollars a round, rifle, pistol range. Unlimited access to the club, you are provided with a key to get in. Must pass a backround check.

3. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

sounds like heaven to me

4. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

At this club, they have combo locks at the gates and shooting is "can't see" to "can't see"

Do you restock the clays that you shot and pick up your hulls?

5. amboy49

amboy49 Well-Known Member

no offense, but are you nuts ? I'd be signing the membership application form so fast it would make your head spin.

The trap/skeet club closest to me has no archery/rifle/pistol/cowboy. we load our own houses and pull our own targets. pay $5 a round. no discounts for members on merchandise or components.

You better jump on this !

6. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Dittoo what cigar says. Sounds real good. Bulge.

7. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

Surveyor-

I fill the trap when I'm done and I pick up the empties. Just a courtesy because someone will have to if not me. There is not can't see. We have lights and can shoot all night if need be.

8. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

Wow, with lights, how do you know when it's time to go home for supper?
    I'd probably starve to death and wind up divorced if I had a place I could shoot at night.

Thanks guys for the input, I'm filling out my paperwork now. I'll have it in the mail tomorrow. Apparently, they only allow new members once or twice a year.
    I have to go to some sort of orientation meeting if I am selected to join.

Can't wait to get started. I think it will be a great place to take the family and get the kids off the video games.

That in itself is worth the 100 bucks a year.

Thanks,
    Todd

9. ilive4skeet

ilive4skeet TS Member

60 bucks a year and $4 per round. Voice Release trap and wireless skeet, both under lights. Open 5 days a week and generally don't have to reload machines (although we load the wobble and trap machines when we shoot). Our skeet machines hold around 450 birds so the weekend club mgr assistant takes care of these and they will generally last throughout the week. Great club and great guys. Have fun at your club and good luck on your membership quest.

Mike

10. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

Thanks Mike,

Sounds like you've got it made.

What's wireless skeet?

Todd

11. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

The puller doesn't have to drag around the wire to the different station. Its radio remote, not wired.

12. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

Oh cool. Thanks.

13. samiam03

samiam03 Member

Surveyor

Where is this club and how is this club?
    Are there good housing deals in the area?
    You had to think about the membership????

Ready to move

Sam

14. Surveyor

Surveyor TS Member

Yeah Sam,

I'm a newbie. But with a little help from these shooters and some quick math, I finally came around to what everyone else seemed to know already.

I hope to be shooting at the club by the end of the month.

That is if they'll let me.

I may have to scrub bathroom floors with a toothbrush for a year and pull KP at all the functions for the first ten years or so, but eventually, I hope to break a few targets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.