1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Club Manager Wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tattoomonster, Feb 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

El Paso Skeet & Trap Club is seeking an individual for the position of Gun Club Manager. This individual must be a highly motivated, self-starter and promoter type personality. The position provides for part-time to full-time employment and will involve managing and maintaining the club house, pro shop, shooting grounds and club employees. The position will also require advertising and promoting fundraising shoots, ATA registered shoots, league shoots, and weekend fun shoots. Basic computer skills and previous firearms experience a plus. Salary commensurate with level experience. Please submit resumes to: aa27aa@elp.rr.com or El Paso Skeet & Trap Club, 425 Stonebluff, El Paso, Texas 79912.

2. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

How about Earl?

3. Dustoff

Dustoff Member

What is the salary for the best qualified person?

4. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

@ grunt - We would have loved to have kept Earl here as long as he had kept his nose clean.

@ Dustoff - Please email the address in the body of the original post for more information. I am just the gofer..

5. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Where's Kemper? ???

6. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

@ BigM-Perazzi - ?

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

BigM-P was referring to Barry Kemper. He's highly qualified for any gun club managerial position in my opinion.

Hap

8. ysr_racer

ysr_racer Active Member

Do you guys have sporting clays, or is it just trap and skeet?

9. joe90t

joe90t Active Member

Man, this sounds like a deal for me!!! Wait I am to old for this. Someone Will Have a GREAT time doing this As there is a "Super" group of Guys In El Paso. The Club is a Great place to shoot and has some Really Good Weather Year around. Joe W. joe90t

10. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

My son used to live in El Paso so I have been there a lot and I really like it there as well as the club,

11. Hap MecTweaks

Lou,, apply and move!! You'd qualify for the job hands down also!

Hap

12. Hap MecTweaks

Zard, cubancigar2000. He runs a club in Idaho now and does a bang up job for that club!!

Hap

13. grunt

14. mette56

mette56 Well-Known Member

Tattoomonster,

You have a PM and Email.

milt

15. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'm not trying to start anything here, but, I have a question or two: Would Earl Scripture be allowed to manage a club today, especially one that threw ATA targets, with everything that has happened in the past? IF his suspension is no longer in effect, would the door be open for him to resume pursuing this management position? The best thing that could happen to El Paso, and to the growth of trapshooting in general, would be to let Earl Scripture start over if he wanted the position. While I live in California, I would readily attend at least one or two shoots in El Paso if Earl were there. A better club manager and promoter of the sport would be very hard to find today. Earl has forgotten more about running a club than ANYONE else available. There are, without a doubt, many qualified people that could handle the position, however, none would draw the amount of shooters that Earl could... Just my opinion... Dan Thome (Trap2)

16. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree with Dan any more. I shot at Indiana Gun Club and i watched him a lot. He was had an amazing talent and is one of the best promoters I ever saw

17. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

Work for somebody who calls himself "Tattoomonster"??? Sounds like a great idea.....

Mike

18. grunt

Earl ran the club in mesquite Nv and had PITA shoots. Drew a nice crowd and is properly one of the best cooks around. Sure was sorry to see the Oasis close the place..

19. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

@ysr_racr - Skeet and Trap only right now, we are working on putting in a 5 Stand though.

20. tattoomonster

tattoomonster TS Member

@ Rebel Sympathy (Mike) - Who ever it is wouldn't be working for me, I am just the tech support for the old farts who don't like computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun club managers jobs