1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

gun club insurance

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by gps, Feb 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gps

gps TS Member

looking for an insurace company that might give us a better rate on gun club insurance. any suggestions??

2. tom berry

tom berry Active Member

gps,

Trying giving Diana Crawford a call. She posts on here. OR, sportsmans insurance agency.

Without knowing what rate you have, it's tough to tell you if you can get a better rate.

Tom

3. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

Gps,

I’ll second Tom’s post. But I’d like to add something as well. Liability for gun clubs no matter what company will be written with a non-admitted Surplus Lines company. The big thing that you need to understand when getting quotes from these types of companies, unlike Standard Market Companies is that they don’t have “filed forms” so buyer beware. Normally liability in the standard market is written on an ISO form that is filed with the State you’re in. So the basic form will be similar between standard market companies. But Surplus Lines companies don’t have to work by the same set of rules. So make sure that all coverage is the same on any policies you’re looking at. Remember as a board member before making any decision to change companies for a few bucks, you had better make sure your Directors and Officers coverage is adequate to cover you from a suit brought by the members for making a bad business decision regarding your insurance. In other words, buyer beware and CYA.

4. cdconley

cdconley TS Member

GPS,

After my last post I started to check with a couple of markets that we deal with. Just for grins I called a company that we placed a Gun Dealer with indoor shooting range with. To see if they could also do shooting clubs or trap ranges. To my surprise the answer was yes. The company is Granite State Insurance (a standard market company). I’ve compared this policy to the Gun Dealer program through the NRA and the price was about the same but the coverage was 100% better. At least for the gun dealers the exclusions in the NRA program where outrageous and their policy should only be considered if nothing else is available.

The company is Granite State Insurance the MGA that I talked with was Burns and Wilcox. You need to find an agent that has an appointment with Burns and Wilcox (they’re a national MGA) and ask for an application. If the agent has a B&W appointment but doesn’t want to take the time to research the market, let me know I can email you the app. Ether that or you can let us know what state you’re in and one of the agents that post here might be licensed in your state and we can figure something out.

Good luck.

5. ljutic05

ljutic05 Member

Thank you Tom and CD for your kind words. I would like to let everyone know that I also represent Granite State Insurance Company, however, thru a different MGA than Burns & Wilcox. Thus, if I can assist anyone in their search for Granite State Insurance, please call. They are an A++ rated carrier and admitted in the U.S. Coverage is better than the NRA endorsed product (which I also sell), however, the premiums are higher for your "small" gun clubs. Larger clubs can definitely benefit from coverage thru Granite State, smaller clubs rarely wish to pay the higher premium for coverage. Vendors and gun dealers also do well with Granite State. Call me for an application. Completed apps are submitted to underwriters for quoting. I'll be happy to work with you.

Diana Crawford, CPCU, AIS, ATA Member
    ACE Insurance Services, Inc.
    (800) 887-9869

6. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

http://www.aceinsuranceservices.com/

7. gps

gps TS Member

checking on it now, thanks for all your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

gun club insurance

insurance for gun clubs
insurance for trap shoot club
shooting club insurance
trap league shooting insurance
trap shooting event insurance