1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun club insurance? coverage and what companies???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by himark, May 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. himark

himark Well-Known Member

So we decided to try a 5 stand this year and the question about coverage for theft was brought up at our board meeting regaurding coverage of machines sitting out. Easy answer, called our agent and asked him.

Much to my surprise he said the club has not had "theft" on there policy and never has, it is BASIC property coverage. His exact words were...."gun clubs are in to obscure locations and we wont even quote theft unless you have a active burglar system tied to the police department"

Honestly, I was speechless.....I CANT believe clubs all over the country are held to this standard. Needless to say we are shopping for a new agent/carrier.

What carrier has your club insurance? Does it include theft? who has the best rates in your clubs experience shopping? ie, Farmers, Nationwide, United etc. etc. not whom your agent is. I know some will say just find one and go with it but in my experience some carriers are geared for certain types of insurance better than others. Just wanting to find that carrier.

If some of this is to personal please PM me I would like to get a base for what clubs of our size are paying to be sure we are getting is market standard.

2. dhip

dhip Active Member

Don't know,but they changed insurance companies this year.We all had to sign waiver forms to shoot.

Doug H.(pa)

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

We use SIAI, Sportsman's insurance Agency, Inc. There policy is outstanding, and much better than you can get from a :conventional: agency like national and the like. Their rates are a lot cheaper also.

They are sportsmen, insure lots of clubs and know what it takes. The only caveat is the club has to be a member of the ATA or NSSA or a couple of other associations.

Here is their web site. Give them a call. You will be pleased. http://www.siai.net/

BTW, don't even think of getting insurance through the NRA. The use Lloyds and they are expensive for much lower coverage.

SIAI's insurance covers liability and some other stuff. They can point you to an agency that covers property and theft. After being bounced around from firm to firm when they decided they didn't want to cover gun clubs, we finally got a terrific policy with a firm that had two agents as members of our club. Send me a PM and tell me where you are and your contact info. If they write policies in your area I'll forward your info to them.

BTW2, in all the property policies we have had over the tears, we were never without theft coverage for the traps, equipment, tractor and the like.

4. jeffprigge

jeffprigge Active Member

Give Diana a call , she is a shooter

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

If you are in IN or MI send me a PM. There are companies that will write a package to cover all.

Don

6. Jeb2700

Jeb2700 Member

Any recommendations for an Ohio club ?? We are currently reviewing our policies and are on the hunt for anything better,any help would be greatly appreciated.Joel Brown

7. Cray

Cray Member

Philadelphia Ins. A Rated, Admitted. Cray

8. dzneff

dzneff Member

Negative fot NRA based on past personal experience, Dennis

9. himark

himark Well-Known Member

NRA was double our current price and that was just for liability. The NRA asked one question....and just hammered out a price without any real checking. That indicated to me there pricing is based on the "SWAG" method and was sure to be top heavy.

I did as said above and filled out 5 pages of questions to the SIAI and am currently awaiting a quote. They also had coverage for theft. I will post results as others may use the info to decide. tx. for all the suggestions so far.

10. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Our liability insurance from the NRA was $600 a year cheaper than our previous coverage. It's for registered shoots only. We don't have any other coverage as we shoot at a county owned facility that has all the other bases covered.

Eric

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
dand o insurance for gun clubs

gun club insurance

gun club insurance carriers

insurance for gun club board members
insurance for gun clubs