1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Club Hulls for Sale

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Nolan098, Aug 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nolan098

Nolan098 TS Member

0   0   0

hello i have 1,000 once-fired Gun Club/Sport Load hulls for sale. 2.5 cents each plus USPS shipping from 55338. Nolan

2. Nolan098

Nolan098 TS Member

0   0   0

3. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Nols. You are in my neck-o-the-woods. We shoot a lot of GCs and Esttes and Top Guns and Rios, and Kemens and they all hit the ground and we have to tip the kids to pick up after us and put them in thetrash bbl. What makes you think your GCs will be of value? I am across the St Croix from you and shoot at the Minneapolis GC. You been there I'm sure.

Jack

4. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack-you beat me to the punch-GC hulls are normally throw aways-you can get all you want for free in Eastern Carolina. I use them with Nobel Sports & reload them once & toss.

Phil Berkowitz

5. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

Rating - 100%
    37   0   0

Phil. I do not care for the tight fit in my PW dies. So I pass. I do pick up odd good hulls once in a while and load those for a bit o fun. Some feds or AAs. But I pass on the cheapos. Got a buddy that reloads the Estates. does a good job on those in his Mecster. But the PW likes the steady diet of STS. did you know that the ID if a green STS is slightly smaller tha that of a gold one?

I woonder why that is?

Currently loading some gold STS, 19.9 (by scale) of Green Dot, a fig 8 clone, Win primer and 1-1/16 oz lead. I like the lead because it does not fill th ehull up to bulging adn the felt recoil is about 10% less adn get 1250 in fps by my Pro Chrono digital.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack- I shoot 1 oz for everything; Use Downrange TGT 12 clones & Claydot powders- use CCI-209 & Cheddite primers-put enought grains to give me 1180-1200 FPS for warm weather & then push it to 1235 for cold weather. Will be trying some Green Dot for the faster loads this year.

Phil Berkowitz--may go to 1 & 1/16 when I get a new loader & its going to be a PW

7. Nolan098

Nolan098 TS Member

0   0   0

Well i mostly shoot at Caribou... and I have sold some on here before but I mainly sell STS.

8. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

0   0   0

There's nothing wrong with gun club hulls as long as you get them before they get wet. If you don't the primer will rust into the steel hull.
    Otherwise they are an excellent hull and will reload easily 5 or more times.
    Far better than the 'new' AAs.

9. Carol Lister

Carol Lister TS Member

0   0   0

<blockquote>"I do not care for the tight fit in my PW dies. So I pass.... But the PW likes the steady diet of STS."</blockquote>

With an nearly-endless supply of no-cost good quality GCs available to reload, anyone with a P-W can consider spending a little extra money to buy a properly-adjusted new/used MEC Super Sizer to bolt next to their press. We have one sitting between our P-W 900s. We periodically take a short break from loading and run a couple 5-gallon bucketfuls of GCs through the resizer to eliminate the tight fit concern in the P-W dies. We can easily do 2-3 buckets in a evening session of a hour or so. We keep 10-15 buckets of resized hulls "in stock".

To my way of thinking, a properly resized GC is easier on my nerves than an STS that makes that loud "POP" as it jumps into the die and slams against the die recess. We reload GCs 6 times and resize again after the 3rd reload.

Carol Lister

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

Jack----I'm loading virtually the same load right now and have been shooting it all year. I'm stuffing about 19.5 grains of Green Dot a Down Range Fig8 wad and Winchester 209 primer and a hair under a 1 1/8 shot #8 shot all into a STS hull. My Pacific prefers the STS over all the other hulls out there. It is smooth shooting with very little recoil and just munches those pesky White Flyers. Good load ehh?-----Matt

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0

grntitan,

That load is about as good as it gets. My Pacific can't tell any difference between the Gun Club hulls or STS. Take the Gun Club hulls with Promo, 209 Primer, and Downrange TGT12 clone wad, and 1 ounce of 8's, and then the load you have for 1 1/8 ounce.....You have an awesome doubles load. Use 1 ounce for first shot, and the 1 1/8 ounce for second. I take the Gun Club hulls, and load them twice. First time for practice, and second time for shooting doubles in an ATA event. I let them hit the ground in the tourney!

Matt Woodson

12. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

0   0   0

Gun Clubs are way better than sts load exact same and get 3-4x the loads out of them i keep gun clubs but have thrown 1000s of sts on ground i had gun clubs i loaded 12x that still looked great

13. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

0   0   0

berettagold----If you say so......pass your STS's my way.-----Matt

14. berettagold53954

berettagold53954 TS Member

0   0   0

its well known ill let others go through the work if they really want em but i mainly shoot throw away shells now

15. brent375hh

brent375hh TS Member

0   0   0

Do you still have them? Are they 12ga?
    Thanks

16. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

0   0   0

I like to load all the inexpensive hulls for sporting clays. That way I don't have to dig into the weeds after my AA hulls and don't feel so bad about leaving them.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

17. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

0   0   0

18. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

0   0   0

Gun club hulls load fine. I have also sold them right here on this forum many times. There is nothing wrong with Nolan posting them for sale. It's funny when people say I'm wasting my time but for some reason they always end up selling.

I may be posting some gun club hulls next week. If anyone is interested drop me a PM with your zip code for a shipping quote. They are also available for pick up in either Northumberland or Lancaster County.

Dale

19. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

0   0   0

That’s a good point oleww. Clean, once fired, never on the ground and delivered.

Certainly better then going through and sorting all the hulls that are picked up at the trap ranges.

Dale,

20. dolphin62

dolphin62 Member

0   0   0

I reload gun clubs...they reload great. I also dig through the bins...I drive a cheap car and shoot a lesser expensive choice of guns.

gun clubs are great

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1180 or 1200 for trapshooters

gun club hulls

gun club hulls for sale

gun clug hulls
once fired sts gun club hulls