1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Gun Club Didn't Go Bang

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Murman, Jun 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murman

Murman Member

I just started shooting trap this year and have just south of 1000 rounds of Remington Gun Clubs through my BT99. Went to the Cardinal Center to meet up with Rod of Rod's Custom Stocks and he did a great job of installing a RAD system and helped me fit my gun to my freakish body (6'6"), hats off to a fine job and a fine gentleman.

Went over to the practice trap and on my 4th box and working towards one of my best rounds, I was perfect until the third shot in #3 that didn't go bang. Freaked me right out, lowered the gun but still pointing down range waited for a few moments to see if I was going to get a surprise, nothing happened. Opened the gun and a good strike on the primer, huh. Thought about chucking the shell on the ground but that didn't seem right and putting the rascal in my pocket didn't make me real happy at the moment but that's where it went.

I was able to keep hitting targets but the annoyance grew and I ended up missing 4 between post 4 and 5, kept thinking that I was so close and on a roll to run my first 25 and ran across a dud, Dang. Lesson learned carry an extra shell or two even in practice in case this happens again. But really how often does this happen? Should I send it to Remington and complain or what?

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Just forget about it. You should have done that from the start. Good Lord; it's just a shell! Get over it!

Neil

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Gun Clubs have been having issues for many people lately. Hard primer, set to deep, thin rims. Do as Neil said, forget about it, and use federal top guns instead. ;-)

4. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

It can happen with any load,We once had a shipment of Federal .45auto shells that you had to drop the hammer twice on! Needless to say they went back! Anything mass produced will occasionally fail,dont worry and break the next 25!

5. School Teacher

School Teacher Well-Known Member

Murman:

Be thankful you were shoot trap not facing a charging lion or a gook with an AK about to take you out.

You do know to carry two extra shells with you. That's what the two shell pockets are for on a trap vest.

There are no perfect primers. Even primers that are visually inspected in dangerous game loads are not 100% certain to fire.

Good shooting.

Ed Ward

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you were still thinking about it on the last two posts its no wonder you didn't run them ... Don't dwell of the things that cannot be changed, just forget about it and move on ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.